+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pgwp confusion

Robotic1

Sep 4, 2024
i recently completed my studies and going on for pgwp. i am a healthcare worker. it says that i need to do medical again for pgwp. however i saw a post in ircc mentioning this.

We've put in place a temporary public policy for immigration medical exams (IMEs) until October 6, 2024.

If you completed an IME within 5 years of submitting your new application, include the IME number (or the unique medical identifier number) from your previous exam in your current application.

You may be exempt from completing another IME if you meet all of these conditions:

• You applied, or are applying, for either permanent residence or temporary residence.
  • You already live in Canada.
  • You completed your previous IME in the last 5 years.
  • Your previous IME indicated a low risk or no risk to public health or public safety.

My question is: Do i still need to do medical?

tee2406

Star Member
Jun 6, 2024
i recently completed my studies and going on for pgwp. i am a healthcare worker. it says that i need to do medical again for pgwp. however i saw a post in ircc mentioning this.

We've put in place a temporary public policy for immigration medical exams (IMEs) until October 6, 2024.

If you completed an IME within 5 years of submitting your new application, include the IME number (or the unique medical identifier number) from your previous exam in your current application.

You may be exempt from completing another IME if you meet all of these conditions:

• You applied, or are applying, for either permanent residence or temporary residence.
  • You already live in Canada.
  • You completed your previous IME in the last 5 years.
  • Your previous IME indicated a low risk or no risk to public health or public safety.

My question is: Do i still need to do medical?
Yes if you work in a medical field you have to. That exemption is for people who do not work in medical or healthcare fields.