+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP Application

Vamigeorge

Aug 31, 2022
I applied for my PGWP via a paper application and mailed it to the IRCC office, I tracked the package and it arrived at the IRCC office in Edmonton.I want to know if anyone here has done that before and if yes, how soon should I expect a response (in terms of knowing if it was received and a response letter of receipt)

AndyT

Star Member
Jun 12, 2020
I applied for my PGWP via a paper application and mailed it to the IRCC office, I tracked the package and it arrived at the IRCC office in Edmonton.I want to know if anyone here has done that before and if yes, how soon should I expect a response (in terms of knowing if it was received and a response letter of receipt)
It’s been over 8 months for me for PGWP extension under public policy 2023, am still waiting.

Vamigeorge

Aug 31, 2022
It is very unsettling how long the wait is. Can i apply again online while waiting for ircc to respond to the initial PGWP application done via mail?

Vamigeorge

Aug 31, 2022
Thank you for the link but in my case i have not received an Acknowledgment of Receipt (AOR) which is what i need to carry on working

Vamigeorge

Aug 31, 2022
I had no laptop at the time. My program rounded up in April, I sent the application on the 22nd of July, and it arrived at the IRCC's office on the 30th.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I had no laptop at the time. My program rounded up in April, I sent the application on the 22nd of July, and it arrived at the IRCC's office on the 30th.
So what date was the completion of your program in April? Do you have a computer now to link paper application to an online account?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/implied-status-extending-stay.html

Vamigeorge

Aug 31, 2022
The completion date was April 23rd, I have a computer now, Thank you for the link, I had gone through it before and understand it. My concern is that receiving an AOR is quite daunting as even the webform I have filled with information and receipts are not being replied to. I need to know if it was indeed stamped and received at the IRCC address.

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
The completion date was April 23rd, I have a computer now, Thak you for the link, I had gone through it before and understand it. My concern is the process for receiving an AOR is quite daunting as even the webform i have filled with information and receipts are not being replied to,
My concern is that your study permit expires 90 days after completion and you mailed in your application at 90 days but wasn’t received until the 30th. This would mean that IRCC may see you applying for PGWP without status. You need to call IRCC and confirm.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you, but that is a wrong assumption, it states clearly on the IRCC website that it is indeed 180 days. My study permit was billed to expire on the 31st, IRCC received my document on the 30th at 9:48 am, so definitely within status.

https://ircc.canada.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=508&top=15#
Applying for PGWP and maintaining status as student are two different things.
You have 180 days to submit PGWP but your study permit expire 90 days after program completion. In the link you provided, it has instructions if you are out of status. If document was received on the 30th, then IRCC may say that you were out of status when you applied for PGWP. Your PGWP may then be refused. That is why you need confirmation ASAP because you need to know if you are out of status. If so, you need to restore status (all in your link). You then cannot work until PGWP is approved.

If you finish your studies earlier than expected
Your study permit will expire on whichever date comes first:

Vamigeorge

Aug 31, 2022
By this same logic, I was well within the 90 days as VOC, and the transcript was received in June,

"If you finish your studies early, your study permit will stop being valid 90 days after you complete your studies, no matter what day is printed on the study permit. Your studies are officially completed on the date your school first notifies you by any of the following: completion letter. transcript."

that is from the IRCC website, with that being said (thank you for the back-and-forth and proper explanation, i may have read them wrong), That being said, I am constantly calling, using the webform to get to IRCC and they are not picking up calls or replying to the webform.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
By this same logic, I was well within the 90 days as VOC, and the transcript was received in June,

"If you finish your studies early, your study permit will stop being valid 90 days after you complete your studies, no matter what day is printed on the study permit. Your studies are officially completed on the date your school first notifies you by any of the following: completion letter. transcript."

that is from the IRCC website, with that being said (thank you for the back-and-forth and proper explanation, i may have read them wrong), That being said, I am constantly calling, using the webform to get to IRCC and they are not picking up calls or replying to the webform.
What is the date on your letter of completion? When were you first notified that program is complete? If you finished studies on April 22 that is the completion of the program. Again you need verification from IRCC.

Vamigeorge

Aug 31, 2022
VOC of the program was signed 2nd of July, which is the official date stating completion of the program which I need to apply for PGWP so, with that, I am within the 90 days, yes?