+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP application - is it possible to be refused because of a question sent via webform?

hanami

Jul 23, 2019
Hi experts,

My PGWP is in process. I just read a case that an applicant for PGWP was refused because he need to go back home to work in 2 years before starting working in Canada as a requirement for his funding when he was studying. The officer gave reason that he did not believe the applicant would go leave the country at the end of his stay. Last week, I submit a webform to ask a question (as I cannot connect to an agent via phone call and they suggest me to send webform for an answer). I asked them if I can submit a study permit application while my PGWP application is in process because I have interest in a diploma program and it can help me improve my employment opportunity and support my professional career. Will my question be delivered to the visa officer who is handling my application? Is there chance that I will be refused because of that question?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Yes, this question will be attached to your file.

No, this kind of question will not lead to your PGWP application being denied. It may be denied for other reasons, but simply asking this kind of question is not grounds for denial by itself.

Reactions: hanami

hanami

Jul 23, 2019
Yes, this question will be attached to your file.

No, this kind of question will not lead to your PGWP application being denied. It may be denied for other reasons, but simply asking this kind of question is not grounds for denial by itself.
Thank you. However, is it possible to lead to the reason "I do not believe that you will leave the country at the end of your stay" as in the case I mentioned above?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Thank you. However, is it possible to lead to the reason "I do not believe that you will leave the country at the end of your stay" as in the case I mentioned above?
Asking a question does not lead to that. The officer is trained to look at the entirety of your file and make a decision based on the facts available to him.

A PGWP is given with the intention of encouraging Canadian-trained students to become Permanent Residents. I don't know what case you read, but the person isn't telling the whole truth.

Here, read for yourself:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/study-permits/post-graduation-work-permit-program.html

The PGWPP allows students who have graduated from eligible Canadian designated learning institutions to obtain an open work permit to gain valuable Canadian work experience. Skilled Canadian work experience in the national occupational code A, O or B that is gained through the PGWPP helps graduates qualify for permanent residence in Canada through the Canadian experience class, within Express Entry.

So when the government of Canada is giving you a PGWP so that you can become a PR, why on earth would they deny it if you tell them you want to stay here.

Reactions: hanami and hkang12

hanami

Jul 23, 2019
Asking a question does not lead to that. The officer is trained to look at the entirety of your file and make a decision based on the facts available to him.

A PGWP is given with the intention of encouraging Canadian-trained students to become Permanent Residents. I don't know what case you read, but the person isn't telling the whole truth.

Here, read for yourself:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/study-permits/post-graduation-work-permit-program.html

The PGWPP allows students who have graduated from eligible Canadian designated learning institutions to obtain an open work permit to gain valuable Canadian work experience. Skilled Canadian work experience in the national occupational code A, O or B that is gained through the PGWPP helps graduates qualify for permanent residence in Canada through the Canadian experience class, within Express Entry.

So when the government of Canada is giving you a PGWP so that you can become a PR, why on earth would they deny it if you tell them you want to stay here.
Thank you so much!