+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP application got cancelled

Jass_Gill

Jan 9, 2020
Hi,
I applied a Post graduate work permit on 18 sep and after 3 months on 19 dec my status was update and it says 'My PGWP application was cancelled'. Afterthat i already called IRCC and sent case specific email as well that why my application was cancelled. They told me that the person with same name and DOB had already got PGWP. In the reply of my case specific email on 27 dec they asked me:
"We verified the information you provided and have forwarded it to the responsible office.
They will contact you if further information is required or if a decision is made on your application
."
So now can anyone tell me that how much time it takes to get my Work permit.

Last edited:

jhez2007

Star Member
Aug 9, 2019
If you are sure that you didnt apply gor PGWP before, then you need to wait for iRCC to back to you. You can only apply PGWP once, even you completed several programs.

Reactions: Jass_Gill

Jass_Gill

Jan 9, 2020
If you are sure that you didnt apply gor PGWP before, then you need to wait for iRCC to back to you. You can only apply PGWP once, even you completed several programs.
At the start of my course, i have 8 month co-op with it so when i got my study permit then they also gave me work permit(for co-op) with it but its not a PGWP. But after first semester i removed co-op from my course. I am Graduated from non co-op course.
So is this the reason behind my application cancellation?????

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
At the start of my course, i have 8 month co-op with it so when i got my study permit then they also gave me work permit(for co-op) with it but its not a PGWP. But after first semester i removed co-op from my course. I am Graduated from non co-op course.
So is this the reason behind my application cancellation?????
no

Jass_Gill

Jan 9, 2020
Hi,
I applied a Post graduate work permit on 18 sep and after 3 months on 19 dec my status was update and it says 'My PGWP application was cancelled'. Afterthat i already called IRCC and sent case specific email as well that why my application was cancelled. They told me that the person with same name and DOB had already got PGWP. In the reply of my case specific email on 27 dec they asked me:
"We verified the information you provided and have forwarded it to the responsible office.
They will contact you if further information is required or if a decision is made on your application
."
Approved now

Nav_deep

Star Member
Jan 10, 2020
Hi,
."
wow , every other day IRCC doing strange things wowwww. no words for them:);):D:rolleyes::confused:

Aman Boparai

Star Member
May 10, 2019
Hi,
."
Hello, I’m in a similar situation as you were. Did they refund your fee as well? Thanks

Aman Boparai

Star Member
May 10, 2019
Yes, but they only refund open work permit holder fee $100.
Did they ask you to pay that fee again?
Can you please share your timeline after cancellation to approval. Thanks much!! My application was cancelled on feb7, I called them on feb 10 and they said they will re open it. I haven’t heard anything after that, fee was refunded but they haven’t asked my to repay it yet. I called yesterday and they said it’s forwarded to supervisor for review since 18 feb but no work on my application has been done since then. So I’m just worried. If you can share your timeline please. Thanks again

Jass_Gill

Jan 9, 2020
Did they ask you to pay that fee again?
Can you please share your timeline after cancellation to approval. Thanks much!! My application was cancelled on feb7, I called them on feb 10 and they said they will re open it. I haven’t heard anything after that, fee was refunded but they haven’t asked my to repay it yet. I called yesterday and they said it’s forwarded to supervisor for review since 18 feb but no work on my application has been done since then. So I’m just worried. If you can share your timeline please. Thanks again
Don't worry you will get you result in 1-2 weeks, because when my application was cancelled then i called cic and i sent case specific email as well. After 20 days i got my approval.

manmeetkaur

Sep 6, 2020
Hello,
I graduated in Dec 2019 but my study permit was valid it June 30th 2020 and applied for my pgwp in Jan 2020, it got delayed due to COVID but it finally got approved in August. Now I also want to study a program, so wanted to ask if I can apply for my study permit. Will it void my PGWP? Can I hold both PGWP and study permit at the same time? I tried calling IRCC but due to higher call volume they hold a lot and it gets disconnected everytime.
Thanks!

jhez2007

Star Member
Aug 9, 2019
Hello,
I graduated in Dec 2019 but my study permit was valid it June 30th 2020 and applied for my pgwp in Jan 2020, it got delayed due to COVID but it finally got approved in August. Now I also want to study a program, so wanted to ask if I can apply for my study permit. Will it void my PGWP? Can I hold both PGWP and study permit at the same time? I tried calling IRCC but due to higher call volume they hold a lot and it gets disconnected everytime.
Thanks!
Yes, you can apply study permit while you have PGWP. You can have them both at the same time. I did it before. Though, an important thing to NOTE is if you want to use your work experience while under PGWP, you MUST study only as PART-TIME. They will not count your work experience if you study full-time.

Nov 27, 2021
Hello i am in same situation can you please tell me what i have to do? Because when i make a call to ircc then they hang up my call due to high volume of calls.