+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP and SOWP extension

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi everyone I have one question
I am going to apply for my PGWP and I have full time job in little Caesars pizza. My spouse is already in Canada. She came to Canada while I was on study permit. Now we have to extend her SWOP so should I apply together PGWP and SWOP or I have to wait to get my PGWP and then apply for her extension?
Apply at the same time.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Some on used the word: qualifying job, so which are those qualifying job?

Thank you.
What are you talking about since posting under International Students? For spouse to be eligible, the person applying for PGWP must have a job letter with paystubs.

CocoDiaz

Jul 12, 2024
You do not need a job offer or to be employed to apply for a PGWP. However, you do need to be employed to apply for your spouse's open work permit. The job can be any NOC. You must provide proof of employment and recent paystubs.

A lot of people have made that mistake. They apply for both PGWP and SOWP even if the main applicant doesn't have a job. The applications end in an approval of the PGWP and a denied SOWP, which then has to go through a status restoration process which means more time and money.
Hey just want to confirm, any NOC will do? Thank you in advance

kiran0910

Jul 22, 2024
hello everyone
I am PGWP holder and I have a part-time job, in order to extend the SWOP of my husband is it important that i need full time job?