+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP 6 months no answer, lost implied status for leaving canada with expiredTVR

MMMM23

Dec 3, 2015
I applied to PGWG online June 10th and no answer as of today. I paid the $255 for fees, i applied 8 days after graduation and i was part time only during my last semester at University (4-year program). My problem is that i left canada on june 4th and came back on july 20th but i didnt notice my TVR was expired. At the airport the immigration officer was nice enough to give me a multiple entry TVR valid until August 31st (same date as my study permit expiry date). By leaving canada I lost my implied status, therefore I applied to a study visa extension on August 30th, which I have no answer yet. It's been 6 months already and the CIC call center says the application is still processing, do you think my application can be rejected because I left canada within those dates with an expired TVR? Does the 6 months wait mean my application will be most likely refused?

Please some help me, It's been forever and I'm freaking out.

vivian hsu

Nov 28, 2015
Hello friend,

In my case, I also left Canada right after I applied for my PGWP on early June, and went back in Canada after 3 months.

But there was no problem for me to have my PGWP approved - I got it approved on 28th November. I had been waiting for my PGWP for almost 6 months too and I believe almost every applicants have been waiting for that long time especially this year. No worry too much about it.
As CIC call center says your application is still on process, you will get it really soon too.

Plus, you are worrying about you losing your implied status since you left Canada. As far as I know, you only lost the right to work in Canada but it doesn't mean that you lost your right to stay in Canada, so you can stay without problem until you receive any word on your PGWP. (I am not 100% sure about this thing, but this is what I understand so far, anyone can give advice?)

Thank you.