+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGP Visa Approved, Passport expiring in 5 months. Can we still travel?

BrownSanta

Aug 2, 2019
Hello, I applied for my parents to immigrate to Canada under PGP. Their application is finally approved and my parents received their passports. My parents are planning to travel in January 2024. But my mother's passport expires in April 2024 (last week). Is she eligible to travel or does she need a new passport? If we get a new passport, do we need to get the visa approved again or can we travel with both passports? My parents are Indian citizens and currently hold Indian passport. Any help is much appreciated.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello, I applied for my parents to immigrate to Canada under PGP. Their application is finally approved and my parents received their passports. My parents are planning to travel in January 2024. But my mother's passport expires in April 2024 (last week). Is she eligible to travel or does she need a new passport? If we get a new passport, do we need to get the visa approved again or can we travel with both passports? My parents are Indian citizens and currently hold Indian passport. Any help is much appreciated.
Yes they can travel by direct flight without new passport.

Kittu987

Apr 28, 2019
Bro how much it took after you submit your application?

pg23

Star Member
Dec 7, 2023
Hi
I am in similar situation. Passport is stamped and will expire in about 5 months.
How did you finally manage to get the parents?
1. Did they renew passport and carried both old (with visa) and new passport?
2. Did they travel with stamped PP which had less than 6 months validity?
3. Do we need to take only direct flight or can have 1 stop-over?
Your quick response will be very useful. Even i hold Indian PP due for renewal in 5 months and worried about risking to travel with old+new and less than 6 months validity.
Thanks in advance