Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Well, supervisa is not really very useful because to be honest, you can just use visitor record in its place. My parents lived with me for an year and half on visitor record. Six month on initial authorization, one year on visitor record.

Reactions: DesiPikachu

kiqr

Star Member
Feb 12, 2019
Well, supervisa is not really very useful because to be honest, you can just use visitor record in its place. My parents lived with me for an year and half on visitor record. Six month on initial authorization, one year on visitor record.
I think supervisa is very useful if parents want to live more than 1 year. Visitor record can be denied if applied multiple times. We tried extending visitor status 2 times and the second time officer gave us extension only for 2 months vs 4 months that we requested. Always safe to have supervisa for parents as its cost effective as well.

Reactions: DesiPikachu

Kate_20

Star Member
Aug 13, 2011
Were you not in the 2020 pool? I believe its not fair to compare to the US because they do not have free health coverage like Canada. Not sure about their pension but they probably do not provide pension to old people who never worked there unlike Canada where old age pension is available to all regardless of them working here or not.
I came to Canada as a student in 2011 and it was first come first service then; by the time I graduated and started working on my eligibility it was the lottery system. I was not shocked or disappointed because supervisa option existed and it meant my parents can still be with me but on a visitor status. We should all accept that we all want PR for its free health coverage and other benefits else it did not matter if they had supervisa or PR. My parents have supervisa and I am just blessed that they can be with us in their old age even if its on visitor status. Atleast your parents are with you and not far away so you should atleast try to be happy.

It's not fair to compare us to US? My friend brought her parents both 65+ in States within 1 year after getting her citizenship. Her mom got 4 hip replacement surgeries in top US hospitals absolutely free of charge and all physios she's been doing also free of charge. They dont have insurance and dont need it as they are 65+ medicare covered everything and they also get monthly pension not significant amount but enough to survive. So please there is no excuse to do parental lottery and not even make that available for 4 consecutive years for people. basically what it means is that they implemented this system so at least half of parents will never make it. Yes, my parents used super visa for 10 years and it's now expired, I was paying for all their yearly insurances and covered everything for them for 10 + years, also Ive paid taxes since I arrived in Canada and my taxes helped lots of elderly people in Canada who are parents and grandparents of other people....after 10 years of super visa my parents applied 4 time inland extension to maintain status... in the meantime Ive been trying to somehow even get into the lottery but spots are being filled within 10 minutes, all I've been getting are notifications you did not make it, you did not make it. It cannot get anymore unfair than this. And guess what? My Neighbour brought his grandparents, parents, siblings, and even half siblings with children and their partners within 6 months in Canada without any lottery because they are privileged Canadian citizens from certain countries... none of these dynasty members speak English so guess what? my taxes will pay their healthcare, English courses, accommodation as they get 3k as newcomers... and PR cards printed for them! and where am I today?? Nowhere after my parents being in this country for 10+ years there is not even a light at the end of the tunnel. Every year I have to send in inland extension applications, pay fees, get their medical exams done, and wait stressfully that they can get denied this time and where would they go?? their Super Visas were denied 3 times until I got MP involved so I went through hell getting them the Super Visas which are now expired.

Kate_20

Star Member
Aug 13, 2011
Hi everyone. After IRCC announced that the pool will remain locked, there's quite a few angry people. Getting together launching another e-petition this week (it will probably have minimal impact but at least the Government will know that there are people disappointed in the process). There is a website you can use that has a template you can use to contact your MP - along with a form if you want to sign the petition https://pgpcanadaupdate.ca/.

A National News Publisher (one of the biggest in Canada) are going to run story with people who feel the closure of the pool is unfair. If you're willing to go on the record please reach out to me and I can put you in touch with the journalist.
Finally people are speaking up! We should also make it clear to govt how unfair and unjust this program is to people who have been living in this country for decades and used the Super Visas already... now what? Another round of 10-year super visas? While other Canadian citizens get opportunity to bring their dynasty here?? Parents, grandparents, siblings and even half siblings without playing lottery, and in just 6 months? Just because they are from certain countries. My Neighbour was complaining how come his grandparent's PR application is taking 6 months when they want to travel back home for summer vacation and they cant as they are waiting for PR card and it annoys them. Vacationing in war zone? Really?

Kate_20

Star Member
Aug 13, 2011
Hi everyone. After IRCC announced that the pool will remain locked, there's quite a few angry people. Getting together launching another e-petition this week (it will probably have minimal impact but at least the Government will know that there are people disappointed in the process). There is a website you can use that has a template you can use to contact your MP - along with a form if you want to sign the petition https://pgpcanadaupdate.ca/.

A National News Publisher (one of the biggest in Canada) are going to run story with people who feel the closure of the pool is unfair. If you're willing to go on the record please reach out to me and I can put you in touch with the journalist.
Im trying to contact you in private but I cannot for some reason. Can you please ping me so I can connect with you. Im thinking of sharing my story with media.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
It's not fair to compare us to US? My friend brought her parents both 65+ in States within 1 year after getting her citizenship. Her mom got 4 hip replacement surgeries in top US hospitals absolutely free of charge and all physios she's been doing also free of charge. They dont have insurance and dont need it as they are 65+ medicare covered everything and they also get monthly pension not significant amount but enough to survive. So please there is no excuse to do parental lottery and not even make that available for 4 consecutive years for people. basically what it means is that they implemented this system so at least half of parents will never make it. Yes, my parents used super visa for 10 years and it's now expired, I was paying for all their yearly insurances and covered everything for them for 10 + years, also Ive paid taxes since I arrived in Canada and my taxes helped lots of elderly people in Canada who are parents and grandparents of other people....after 10 years of super visa my parents applied 4 time inland extension to maintain status... in the meantime Ive been trying to somehow even get into the lottery but spots are being filled within 10 minutes, all I've been getting are notifications you did not make it, you did not make it. It cannot get anymore unfair than this. And guess what? My Neighbour brought his grandparents, parents, siblings, and even half siblings with children and their partners within 6 months in Canada without any lottery because they are privileged Canadian citizens from certain countries... none of these dynasty members speak English so guess what? my taxes will pay their healthcare, English courses, accommodation as they get 3k as newcomers... and PR cards printed for them! and where am I today?? Nowhere after my parents being in this country for 10+ years there is not even a light at the end of the tunnel. Every year I have to send in inland extension applications, pay fees, get their medical exams done, and wait stressfully that they can get denied this time and where would they go?? their Super Visas were denied 3 times until I got MP involved so I went through hell getting them the Super Visas which are now expired.
Supervisas were never meant to visit Canada for over a decade. When they originally arrived they were only able to visit for up to 2 years. For all your complaining Canada has been incredibly generous allowing your parents to visit for so long.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, the person in the article is me. Personally I think the freezing of the pool is wrong, ITSF used to open every year (one way or another). IRCC even said it would open in 2020 so we were lied to. There are people in the current pool who shouldn't be, and they will get a ticket to sponsor instead of us.

Anyway, another petition is being launched & i'm trying to get more media attention. If anyone is interested in speaking to the media please reach out to me. This is timely as journalists are trying to get the story to go live before the draw starts.
would it be possible to get contract info for journalist?

pk10

Star Member
May 29, 2010
Now that we have clarity on how many folks will get invites - the Q is - how many are still remaining in the original pool?

Iirc there we some 200K+ candidates who applied in 2020 but I am struggling to find the exact reference.

Want to game out what the odds of people from the 2020 pool are for 2024. Thanks.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Now that we have clarity on how many folks will get invites - the Q is - how many are still remaining in the original pool?

Iirc there we some 200K+ candidates who applied in 2020 but I am struggling to find the exact reference.

Want to game out what the odds of people from the 2020 pool are for 2024. Thanks.
Around 120-125k.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Supervisas were never meant to visit Canada for over a decade. When they originally arrived they were only able to visit for up to 2 years. For all your complaining Canada has been incredibly generous allowing your parents to visit for so long.
You give people an inch , they’ll take a mile .
Every year it’s the same . Juvenile like complaining by people who can’t or won’t plan long term what to do with their parents in there home country .

It’s always Canada fault

Reactions: farazh89

Vats

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2012

Vats

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2012
I have question, during application they have mentioned they will auto delete application with error or duplication etc.

Is there a way we can ensure our application is still in pool? we have confirmation number but with that there is no way to confirm this.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I have question, during application they have mentioned they will auto delete application with error or duplication etc.

Is there a way we can ensure our application is still in pool? we have confirmation number but with that there is no way to confirm this.
There's no way unfortunately.