+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PG workpermit holder.. How my wife can join me??

udaiud

Sep 19, 2011
Dear Members :) :)

Greetings of the Day

I introduce myself as an Indian national. Recently I have got 3 years open work permit on the basis of my 2 years study in Canada.

I got married with an Indian girl in May 2011, whom with I was in sound relation from last 2 years. She has done Bachelors in Arts and has about 4 years of work experience at management level in different firms. Now, I want my wife to be with me in Canada. And for this I need some information regarding visa application.

There are several questions going up in my mind, from past few weeks I have been searching out the ways she can join me here as soon as possible. So to clear my some doubts I would like you to allow me to ask few questions.

- What are the possible ways for her to join me here as soon as possible
- What if she can apply for open work permit too.
- Can she come on Tourist Visa
- My real sister is a Canadian citizen, hope it can make it easier.
- What documentation is required from my side for visa application.

I would really appreciate if members could please spare some time out and favour me this.

Have a very good day. :) :)

bluewish

Oct 1, 2011
Your wife can apply for visitor visa as your dependent. You will need to write a letter stating that you sponsor her, a copy of your work permit & job offer/ letter.

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
udaiud said:
Dear Members :) :)

Greetings of the Day

I introduce myself as an Indian national. Recently I have got 3 years open work permit on the basis of my 2 years study in Canada.

I got married with an Indian girl in May 2011, whom with I was in sound relation from last 2 years. She has done Bachelors in Arts and has about 4 years of work experience at management level in different firms. Now, I want my wife to be with me in Canada. And for this I need some information regarding visa application.

There are several questions going up in my mind, from past few weeks I have been searching out the ways she can join me here as soon as possible. So to clear my some doubts I would like you to allow me to ask few questions.

- What are the possible ways for her to join me here as soon as possible
- What if she can apply for open work permit too.
- Can she come on Tourist Visa
- My real sister is a Canadian citizen, hope it can make it easier.

I would really appreciate if members could please spare some time out and favour me this.

Have a very good day. :) :)
Hi udaiud,

What are the possible ways for her to join me here as soon as possible
- What if she can apply for open work permit too. She can apply for an open work permit and join you
- Can she come on Tourist Visa :she can also join you on a TRV - visitor
- My real sister is a Canadian citizen, hope it can make it easier. ; In which province she is settled. She can sponsor your wife under PNP family stream, which would be faster.
You can find a prospective employer who can obtain LMO from HRSD.

You have to keep copies of her passport, birth certificate, photographs, educational certificates, job experiences, marriage certificate etc to use as and when required.

For TRV and PNP see the CIC website.
For Open work permit you already know the procedure.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Apparently, the spouses of people on PG work permits are not entitled to get an open work permit. We have seen a couple of cases lately where people in that situation have been refused.

She can still apply for a TRV. You and your sister inviting her might help. She can apply for an open work permit in the hopes she might get it. Otherwise, she would have to qualify for her own work permit if she wants to work.