+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PG Diploma one year course in distance education in india

creekfish

Apr 23, 2015
I have done PG Diploma course in Information technology through distance education from a reputed university in india. Will this be considered as one of my post secondary diploma? If yes, I can show my B.E degree and this diploma as 2 post secondary course, which will increase my points little bit more.

Can any one help?

Thanks.

simonawo

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
creekfish said:
I have done PG Diploma course in Information technology through distance education from a reputed university in india. Will this be considered as one of my post secondary diploma? If yes, I can show my B.E degree and this diploma as 2 post secondary course, which will increase my points little bit more.

Can any one help?

Thanks.
It is the result of the evaluation of your qualifications that will determine whether you have two post secondary certificates or not. CIC will only reckon with your evaluated qualifications, not just the qualifications, an evaluated body like WES had to evaluate them first and determine their equivalent in Canadian education which is what you use when applying

niravk

Jul 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
creekfish said:

Can any one help?

Thanks.
It depends upon the evaluation of your degree/diploma and insitution by WES. Mine 2 year full time PGDBA was considered as equivalent to second under graduate major from a non recognized institution. I had to settle for bachelors.

Which University you have pursued your PG COURSE?

creekfish

Apr 23, 2015
I have pursued this degree from Annamalai University. But I am not sure, what will be the equivalent of this from WES.

ankydoodle

Jun 12, 2015
niravk said:
It depends upon the evaluation of your degree/diploma and insitution by WES. Mine 2 year full time PGDBA was considered as equivalent to second under graduate major from a non recognized institution. I had to settle for bachelors.

Which University you have pursued your PG COURSE?
hey Niravk,

Did you speak with WES about this. I am in the same boat. This essentially means we are only a bachelors degree holder, right?

niravk

Jul 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ankydoodle and creekfish

The most important criterai for conisdering Indian masters equivalent to a canadian masters is the duration of the course. Indian masters is generally awarded after 15 years of education, taking the total to 17 years of total years of study. In Canada, this is awarded after 18 years of formal education.

So irrespective to how so we all try, it won't be fruitful unless the masters or PG is obtained from a highly prestigious institute.