+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PFL ISSUED FROM IRCC ON STUDY PERMIT

unknown21g

Aug 18, 2024
The application will very likely be refused but with no ban (provided the VO is satisfied with the PFL response). Based on what's presented here, OP will just have to reapply and should be approved. Most they stand losing is time.
Here's the mail icm sent to ircc about confirmation of my Valid LOA Good afternoon,

I am writing to bring to your attention an applicant who recently received a Procedural Fairness Letter that states the Letter of Acceptance submitted with their study permit application was fraudulent.

Student

ICM student

DOB:

We believe this Procedural Fairness Letter to have been issued in error, as ICM has not receive any request to verify the student’s Letter of Acceptance. Furthermore, ICM can confirm that the above student holds a valid, genuine Letter of Acceptance. The student’s Letter of Acceptance is attached.

Note that as the student will be unable to arrive on time for the Summer (May) intake, a deferral to the Fall (September) intake will be permitted.

We would appreciate if you could help to resolve this error for this student and continue processing the student’s study permit application. Please let us know if you require any further information.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Here's the mail icm sent to ircc about confirmation of my Valid LOA Good afternoon,

I am writing to bring to your attention an applicant who recently received a Procedural Fairness Letter that states the Letter of Acceptance submitted with their study permit application was fraudulent.

Student

ICM student

DOB:

We believe this Procedural Fairness Letter to have been issued in error, as ICM has not receive any request to verify the student’s Letter of Acceptance. Furthermore, ICM can confirm that the above student holds a valid, genuine Letter of Acceptance. The student’s Letter of Acceptance is attached.

Note that as the student will be unable to arrive on time for the Summer (May) intake, a deferral to the Fall (September) intake will be permitted.

We would appreciate if you could help to resolve this error for this student and continue processing the student’s study permit application. Please let us know if you require any further information.
When did you get the PFL because this states deferral to September. Does the school mean September 2025? If not, you will need new LOA for Winter 2025 because don’t think you will get response and approval before September. Did you and your agent think you were attending U of M? ICM is not a university. Who suggested you go to ICM because it doesn’t have a great reputation? Should be applying to public universities directly. So if refused then do so.

unknown21g

Aug 18, 2024
When did you get the PFL because this states deferral to September. Does the school mean September 2025? If not, you will need new LOA for Winter 2025 because don’t think you will get response and approval before September. Did you and your agent think you were attending U of M? ICM is not a university. Who suggested you go to ICM because it doesn’t have a great reputation? Should be applying to public universities directly. So if refused then do so.
I received PFL on 25th Apr and i am in contact with icm also requested to deffer and my degree is a transfer program my first year will be in icm and remaining in university of Manitoba

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I received PFL on 25th Apr and i am in contact with icm also requested to deffer and my degree is a transfer program my first year will be in icm and remaining in university of Manitoba
So when did you reply to PFL because you didn’t state timelines…only said that you recently received PFL? U of M admission is not guaranteed. ICM is a prep school. Again all you can do is wait. Get a new LOA. Assume you have PAL too. If agent suggested the school to you then ask how much your agent was paid for referral.

unknown21g

Aug 18, 2024
So when did you reply to PFL because you didn’t state timelines…only said that you recently received PFL? U of M admission is not guaranteed. ICM is a prep school. Again all you can do is wait. Get a new LOA. Assume you have PAL too. If agent suggested the school to you then ask how much your agent was paid for referral.
I replied to pfl in given time on 5th May as irrc gave me 15 days yes I have PAL too yes

forevermore76

May 19, 2024

Student

ICM student

DOB:

Things is, I don't think IRCC will switch schools on your application and simply refuse it while asking to reapply. It's good the school is involved and helped you address the PFL, but it doesn't change your application necessarily.

As other have said, wait for a decision and reapply accordingly. By addressing PFL, you have avoided a ban so all you really stand losing is some time and have a delayed start to your program.

unknown21g

Aug 18, 2024
Things is, I don't think IRCC will switch schools on your application and simply refuse it while asking to reapply. It's good the school is involved and helped you address the PFL, but it doesn't change your application necessarily.

As other have said, wait for a decision and reapply accordingly. By addressing PFL, you have avoided a ban so all you really stand losing is some time and have a delayed start to your program.
I didn't do anything like misrepresentation it's my valid LOA as ICM also confirmed through mail to IRCC as you see above I'm so worried about that like ban etc

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I didn't do anything like misrepresentation it's my valid LOA as ICM also confirmed through mail to IRCC as you see above I'm so worried about that like ban etc
All you can do is wait. The issue is that as in your first post, you said you were going to U of M but you aren’t. You are going to a prep, private school - ICM, which you clarified in further posts. If in your documentation, you used DLI for U of M and also SOP or any other documentation state attending U of M then that is misrepresentation. You are not attending U of M and may not as going to ICM doesn’t guarantee acceptance into U of M despite what you think. Did your agent suggest ICM as there are many other public universities to attend?

In PFL, you have clarified the mistake so hopefully will not get a ban.

unknown21g

Aug 18, 2024
All you can do is wait. The issue is that as in your first post, you said you were going to U of M but you aren’t. You are going to a prep, private school - ICM, which you clarified in further posts. If in your documentation, you used DLI for U of M and also SOP or any other documentation state attending U of M then that is misrepresentation. You are not attending U of M and may not as going to ICM doesn’t guarantee acceptance into U of M despite what you think. Did your agent suggest ICM as there are many other public universities to attend?

In PFL, you have clarified the mistake so hopefully will not get a ban.
I have a transfer program as mentioned on the offer letter and my program is university transfer program Academic Program 1 in the icm and academic program 2 is in university of Manitoba and my degree is Bachelor of Commerce

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have a transfer program as mentioned on the offer letter and my program is university transfer program Academic Program 1 in the icm and academic program 2 is in university of Manitoba and my degree is Bachelor of Commerce
I know all about ICM. It is a prep school with a pathway (that is not guaranteed) to go to U of M. Apply to U of M directly if study permit is refused.

Who suggested the school to you or did you decide to attend the school based on your own research?

Reactions: forevermore76

unknown21g

Aug 18, 2024
I know all about ICM. It is a prep school with a pathway (that is not guaranteed) to go to U of M. Apply to U of M directly if study permit is refused.

Who suggested the school to you or did you decide to attend the school based on your own research?
my consultant suggested me this I'm regretting now and so worried about ban etc. Can you suggest me anything to do and according to you what do you think about my case. ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
my consultant suggested me this I'm regretting now and so worried about ban etc. Can you suggest me anything to do and according to you what do you think about my case. ?
Ask your consultant how much money he/she was paid by the school for referring you to the school. It is called “kick-backs.” Nothing you can do but wait. Hopefully it will work out for you. If ban is lifted and study permit refused then do some research on public universities and don’t rely on an agent telling you what school to go to.

unknown21g

Aug 18, 2024
Ask your consultant how much money he/she was paid by the school for referring you to the school. It is called “kick-backs.” Nothing you can do but wait. Hopefully it will work out for you. If ban is lifted and study permit refused then do some research on public universities and don’t rely on an agent telling you what school to go to.
okay sure thank you do you think my case is like strong as icm confirmed my LOA and moreover if I get refusal I won't think to apply again in Canada

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
okay sure thank you do you think my case is like strong as icm confirmed my LOA and moreover if I get refusal I won't think to apply again in Canada
Having PFL overturned is strong since ICM confirmed LOA and error in DLI. Whether your study permit is approved, I don’t know. It is based on your funds, justify costs, and ties to return to home country.