+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Peru (Spousal Sponsorship)- SPEEDY Processing Time!

lyndawillis67

Sep 4, 2014
Hi Everyone, I just wanted to post a very positive immigration story for once!
I am a Canadian, my husband is Peruvian, we've been married for less than two years, we live in Peru, he works as a translator and I am unemployed but a legal resident of Peru. We applied as outland applicants in April 14, 2014 and six weeks later, in June we received my approval for sponsorship, so the next step was having my husband assessed and were told our processing time would be approx. 12-15 months. In September, only 5 months after sending the application, my husband received the notification to submit three photos and his passport to the VAC, to forward to the CDN Embassy in Lima!!! One week later he received his Permanent Resident Visa and must land before April 6, 2014, before it expires (the Embassy told us the expiry of the visa coincides with the expiry of the medical, which is always one year). Since we got this news approximately one year ahead of schedule, we were concerned because we weren't ready to go to Canada yet, since it was so much earlier than planned, (my husband has a work contract in Lima which goes beyond the visa expiry date, as well as apartment lease etc)..so when we got the request to submit the passport and three photos, we sent an email to LIMAIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca to request if we could or should do another medical exam immediately, before getting the visa date stamped in his passport, in order to extend the validity of the visa for another year. The Embassy replied the same day, and told us we could not get another medical unless instructed and that if we did, it would send us back to the bottom of the pile. They instructed us that if we had commitments in Peru that we should just go to Canada and do the landing then return to wrap up business here. We would have to either wait for the residency card in Canada before leaving, approximately 30 days, or leave right away after landing, then apply for a travel permit from the Embassy in Lima, in order to return without the Permanent Residence card. In order to avoid yet another bunch of papers and fees, we will wait in Canada for the Residency card to arrive before returning to Lima!

ROCIO LIVELY

Star Member
Nov 1, 2014
Hello, thank you very much for your case, is very positive, congratulations!!!
I am peruvian my husband canadien. Is our first time in this process. We married on March 2013.

Sorry, can I ask you some questions, maybe you know because you know the experiencia:

1. My husband have his PDF, he first have to do is send to the government this paper, and when he will be approved like sponsor, they after they will communicate with me and give me the order for send my package?

2. Or the correct is... first is all the PDF together....his PDF and my PDF and are send to the Ontario?

3. The old passport and other documents complementaries, also like contract, voucher, emails, all those documents in spanish, I should also send to translate, also

4. What about the documents that have expiration and it lose the time, because takes time the process of the visa. I need send others after..? For example, in my country the paper about the police have expiration 3 months but the government of Canada check my package newly in 7 month... What I need do?

ABOUT CHECK MEDICAL

5. When I know that I have tto go to the doctor

6. In this case I read and says that this document have expiration for 12 month, but the process for the visa can take 2 years, so I should send other? The government will communicate with me?

7. The result to doctor, that he give me, it's need also to translate?

8. The government have to give to me, the order for I can go to the doctor?
When the government to Canada send me the forms for I can go to the doctor?

9. Where can I get the forms 1017E IMM for I will go to the doctor?

Thank very much, for their time, the patience. I hope we also have lucky!!!!

Rocio de Lively