+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Personal Identification Document

SavaB

Feb 28, 2017
Hey everyone,

I'm submitting my application and am hoping to ease my mind as I'm worried about something going wrong. In the document checklist it says:

"Photocopy of personal identification document. The document must have your name, photo, and date of birth on it. If there is information on both sides of your personal identification documents, provide a photocopy of both sides."

I'm assuming the medical card counts as an appropriate identification document in this case? The only other IDs I really have are my passport and permanent residence card, which I can't use. Did anyone have any issues using a medical card, and should I photocopy the back of it as well (the only thing on the back is a sticker to say I'm an organ donor)?

Thanks.

Fido911

Sep 22, 2019
Mississauga, Ontario
LANDED..........
16-08-2012
photocopies of two (2) pieces of personal identification.

Examples of identification you can use include:

• a copy of the biographical page of your passport/travel document (as requested above and also can be one (1) of your pieces of personal identification)
  • driver’s licence
  • health insurance card
  • senior citizen identification card
  • age of majority card
  • foreign identity documents, such as a passport or government issued identification documents
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0002-application-canadian-citizenship-under-subsection-5-1-adults-18-years-older.html

It's better to photocopy both sides of your health card and/or driver's license

SavaB

Feb 28, 2017
Thanks, missed that. I only photocopied one side of the health insurance card though and I'm wondering if that would be fine since the other side doesn't really have much information other than the organ donor thing... guess I should photocopy the back to be safe?

JPBless

May 14, 2018
Hey everyone,

I'm submitting my application and am hoping to ease my mind as I'm worried about something going wrong. In the document checklist it says:

"Photocopy of personal identification document. The document must have your name, photo, and date of birth on it. If there is information on both sides of your personal identification documents, provide a photocopy of both sides."

I'm assuming the medical card counts as an appropriate identification document in this case? The only other IDs I really have are my passport and permanent residence card, which I can't use. Did anyone have any issues using a medical card, and should I photocopy the back of it as well (the only thing on the back is a sticker to say I'm an organ donor)?

Thanks.
I used Ontario's health card as the main ID... that's in addition to travel passport and PR CARD. I'm already a citizen.

SavaB

Feb 28, 2017
photocopies of two (2) pieces of personal identification.

Examples of identification you can use include:

• a copy of the biographical page of your passport/travel document (as requested above and also can be one (1) of your pieces of personal identification)
  • driver’s licence
  • health insurance card
  • senior citizen identification card
  • age of majority card
  • foreign identity documents, such as a passport or government issued identification documents
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0002-application-canadian-citizenship-under-subsection-5-1-adults-18-years-older.html

It's better to photocopy both sides of your health card and/or driver's license
Sorry, missed where you said it's better to photocopy both sides.

Thanks for your help!