+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Personal history question - imm5669e

BingoBango

Sep 26, 2019
Hello,

The personal history section of form imm5669e is driving me insane. I was really hoping someone out there could help me answer my biggest question:

In Oct 2014 I started a year long trip around the world. This would be pretty simple to document as I would normally just put every country I traveled to but in April 2015 I interviewed in Spain and landed a remote accounting job as an independent contractor. Between April 2015 and when I eventually returned home in November 2015, I continued to work this job wherever I traveled (morroco, romania, germany, croatia, finland, etc etc). I still have this job today. How exactly do I document this in my personal history? Currently, I just put that from April 2015 - ongoing, I have been working this job in the US as a citizen which is not technically correct. The other option would be to make an entry for every country and say that I was working there as a visitor which is also not technically correct.

Thanks!

StellaArtois

Aug 4, 2019
Alberta, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New York
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-05-2019
AOR Received.
13-07-2019
File Transfer...
08-08-2019
Med's Request
16-07-2019
Med's Done....
23-07-2019
Passport Req..
26-10-2020
VISA ISSUED...
23-11-2020
LANDED..........
06-12-2020
Hello,

The personal history section of form imm5669e is driving me insane. I was really hoping someone out there could help me answer my biggest question:

In Oct 2014 I started a year long trip around the world. This would be pretty simple to document as I would normally just put every country I traveled to but in April 2015 I interviewed in Spain and landed a remote accounting job as an independent contractor. Between April 2015 and when I eventually returned home in November 2015, I continued to work this job wherever I traveled (morroco, romania, germany, croatia, finland, etc etc). I still have this job today. How exactly do I document this in my personal history? Currently, I just put that from April 2015 - ongoing, I have been working this job in the US as a citizen which is not technically correct. The other option would be to make an entry for every country and say that I was working there as a visitor which is also not technically correct.

Thanks!
I'm not totally sure, but here is my best guess (if you have a lawyer though, or have input from other more experienced members on this forum, their word is absolutely better than mine)...

I think I agree with you that it'd be inaccurate to write that you worked at this job in the US as a citizen... but since you are only allowed to choose from a drop down, it seems like you are forced to pick that.
Where you write the name and address of the employer, you could write the organization that interviewed you in Spain for the employer's address, but also have an additional note to explain what you just explained in your post here. You can put an asterisk next to the employment address and write "*see addendum" and then make an addendum to explain this position given that it's rather unusual and complex.

If you do end up doing an addendum like I'm suggesting here, make sure that you clearly specify that the specific addendum is for the Personal History section of the imm5669e, and ideally write what page it's on too. Make it super easy and clear for the officer to reference where your addendum is for.

Hope that helps, or that you get some better input haha. All the best in completing your application!