+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

'Personal History' in Post-ITA application

kanika2603

Apr 20, 2021
Hi,

I have recently received ITA through a PNP draw. I have a doubt about the 'Personal History' section

In the Personal History Section of the Post-ITA application, it is mentioned "List any organizations ******** has supported, been a member of, or been associated with at any time. Include any political, social, youth or student organization, trade unions, and professional associations."
Do I also have to mention professional organizations that I volunteered for or did summer internships while I was doing my undergraduation?

My confusion is that they asked for my Personal History in the PNP application as well and I did not mention all this there (the exact question) :
"Provide details of your other activities, excluding education and paid work history, in the last ten years (or since the age of 18, if this was less than ten years ago). Activities may include travel (personal or business), training, unemployment, volunteer work, sick leave, parental leave, etc. When combined with your education and work history, there should be no gaps in time."

Now I am not sure if I should mention it here or not. I do not want to withhold information but I don't want to raise any suspicion either. My internships and volunteer work are mentioned in my resume and LinkedIn.

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
Hi,

I have recently received ITA through a PNP draw. I have a doubt about the 'Personal History' section

In the Personal History Section of the Post-ITA application, it is mentioned "List any organizations ******** has supported, been a member of, or been associated with at any time. Include any political, social, youth or student organization, trade unions, and professional associations."
Do I also have to mention professional organizations that I volunteered for or did summer internships while I was doing my undergraduation?

My confusion is that they asked for my Personal History in the PNP application as well and I did not mention all this there (the exact question) :
"Provide details of your other activities, excluding education and paid work history, in the last ten years (or since the age of 18, if this was less than ten years ago). Activities may include travel (personal or business), training, unemployment, volunteer work, sick leave, parental leave, etc. When combined with your education and work history, there should be no gaps in time."

Now I am not sure if I should mention it here or not. I do not want to withhold information but I don't want to raise any suspicion either. My internships and volunteer work are mentioned in my resume and LinkedIn.
I can answer for the second part:
All activities including Unemployment, internships, will have to be listed in the personal history for last 10 years or since 18 years of age.
Resumes and linkedin are not added to the application.

kanika2603

Apr 20, 2021
Thank you @AishB

My summer training was part of my under-graduation and I received college credit for that. Even without mentioning them, I have no gaps. That is why I am unsure if I should mention them. I do not want any inconsistency between the two applications (OINP and EE one).