+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Personal History Education - Education Status of by End of that Period

edwardcheng

Nov 16, 2019
Dear Friends and Seniors,

Thank you for offering me help.

I have a question during my filling out the Application Form of Express Entry.

In the Last 10 years Personal History session, I am about to add my education histories on the application form.

As during the summer of the education period, I did summer internship at one company. Personally, I think this is a break in personal histories as Employment (Summer Internship) is different type against Education.

Accordingly, I would like to check with any one who has more similar experience or confirmative answers, if my proposed treatment below is correct:

Thank you for giving me suggestions!

My proposed treatment:
Activity Type: Education
Status by end of the education period: In good standing, but no degree/certificate awarded

Activity Type: Employment
Employer: XXX

Status by end of the education period: Certificate/Degree Awarded

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Dear Friends and Seniors,

Thank you for offering me help.

I have a question during my filling out the Application Form of Express Entry.

In the Last 10 years Personal History session, I am about to add my education histories on the application form.

As during the summer of the education period, I did summer internship at one company. Personally, I think this is a break in personal histories as Employment (Summer Internship) is different type against Education.

Accordingly, I would like to check with any one who has more similar experience or confirmative answers, if my proposed treatment below is correct:

Thank you for giving me suggestions!

My proposed treatment:
Status by end of the education period: In good standing, but no degree/certificate awarded

Activity Type: Employment
Employer: XXX

Status by end of the education period: Certificate/Degree Awarded
i wouldn't consider it a break as you were still enrolled. time periods can overlap

Reactions: edwardcheng

edwardcheng

Nov 16, 2019
i wouldn't consider it a break as you were still enrolled. time periods can overlap
Dear Hamgha,

I have one additional question which is quite relevant, and I need your advice and help.

During my 3rd year at College, I spent 1 year studying overseas as Exchange School. How should I approach the Status by end of the education period of that one? Should I go with 'In good standing, but no degree/certificate awarded' or 'Not completed' for that exchange year?

My proposed treatment:
University A

University B

University A
Status by end of the education period: Degree/Certificate awarded

Is my proposed treatment accurate?

Thank you for your suggestions.