+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Personal/Employment Activities Section

Hopefulperson

Aug 26, 2020
Good day everyone,

I’m in the process of submitting my documents for my Canadian Express Entry invitation, and I am gathering the employment records of all my past employee’s as requested.

My question is particularly about my Employment Activity in the Personal Activities section , as you may already know this section asks to fill out my activities for the past 10 years. In summary, my 2010 to 2018 is mainly all educational activity, and I have 5 employment activities during 2017 to 2019.

My question: 2 of those employer’s were talent agents, hiring me as a background actor for tv shows/films. When I asked for a reference letter they mentioned I was never considered an employee, that they were my agent and that the production company producing the film/tv show was considered my employee for the day. Therefore I have no ROE or T4 from them. That I am essentially self-employed and represented by my agency.

Do I simply delete these from my personal activities and move on, or do I simply add “self-employed/represented by agency” in the field of job title/position? And what documents will I be expected to upload for these jobs?

I have added screenshots below for a better idea of this particular section in the application.

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
IRCC will not ask for any documentation in any employment activities declared only in the personal history. If you didn't claim any points for it, there won't be a document placeholder for it.

Hopefulperson

Aug 26, 2020
So you're saying If I don't put a specific job that I actually had on the list, they wont ask for a document for it.

So what happens when they check my T4's for the past 2 years and see I was getting income from jobs I havent listed? Won't they perceive that as false information??

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
So you're saying If I don't put a specific job that I actually had on the list, they wont ask for a document for it.

So what happens when they check my T4's for the past 2 years and see I was getting income from jobs I havent listed? Won't they perceive that as false information??
I’m not saying not to declare it. I’m saying the difference between the employment and personal history sections.

If you put employment activities under the personal activities section ONLY and not on the employment history section, IRCC won’t ask for any documentation related to that as they don’t add any points to your CRS.

upon

Champion Member
Jan 23, 2020
Winnipeg

List everything you are not claiming points under personal history. Every employment/volunteering/organizations you have been a part of etc. You won’t need any proof for it.

also, I am seriously doubt they have any access to your T4.

ValGonzal

Star Member
May 29, 2021
I’m not saying not to declare it. I’m saying the difference between the employment and personal history sections.

If you put employment activities under the personal activities section ONLY and not on the employment history section, IRCC won’t ask for any documentation related to that as they don’t add any points to your CRS.
Friend, the "Employment section of study permit application" is same to "personal history of EE" or "work history of EE"? We are highly confused. What goes in employment section of 1294, (study permit application)? Do applicants put all relevant information that will be used for express entry in the future OR it includes everything whether it gives us points for future express entry or it does not ??

P.S.: And thank you for the clarification between work history section of EE and personal history section of EE