+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Person with PR marrying potential International Student

vkvhcyke

Apr 28, 2015
Hi All,

I am a permanent resident of Canada since December,2014 and am planning to get married in India on May,2015. My fiance (Indian Citizen) who is currently in India has applied to a few universities in Canada so that she can attend classes in the month of September, 2015. She still hasn't received an offer letter and might potentially get an offer letter in the month of May, 2015. While applying to the universities, her status was "single". When she applies for her study permit visa her status will be "married". We aren't common law partners as our relation was a long distance one. My questions are:

1) being married to a PR, will her study permit application get rejected?
2) Should we not register our marriage in India, instead come to Canada as non related individuals and then register our marriage in Canada(in this case both of us would maintain our status as single until we register our marriage in Canada)?

Any information pertaining to my situation would be a great help.

Thanks

vkvhcyke

Apr 28, 2015
Thank you.

This is a doubt to my second question. Would it be misinterpretation if we don't register our marriage in India legally (Just have a ceremony but no legal documentation done)?

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You WILL be legally married in India once the ceremony is done.

Rephrasing your question does not change my answer.