+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

permanent resident status application

miseria

Star Member
Feb 14, 2011
hi. my name is ann. im under the live in caregiver program. i started working last sept 9, 2009. could somebody help me how i could check my status as to when i will complete my 24 months? i went home to the philippines for a vacation for six weeks. when would be the best time to file my application for open permit and permanent resident status?

tnx!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

miseria said:
hi. my name is ann. im under the live in caregiver program. i started working last sept 9, 2009. could somebody help me how i could check my status as to when i will complete my 24 months? i went home to the philippines for a vacation for six weeks. when would be the best time to file my application for open permit and permanent resident status?

tnx!
When you have completed 3900 hours of work, you can't count 4 weeks of the 6 week vacation. Only 2 weeks vacation per year. see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/live-in.asp

miseria

Star Member
Feb 14, 2011
tnx PMM

actually i've used all of my vacation and i dont intend to go home to the philippines yet. i have a 36-month contract with my employer. so is it right to say that i will only be paying for the two weeks? would it be okay to start filing my application end of september of this year? would you know of any website of the canadian immigration where i can check how many hours ive worked so far?

i also want to ask if its ok to get a new employer, a new LMO for that matter after i have submitted my application for open permit and PR? i just want to finish 2 years with my present employer and then find a new one.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
You can look for a new employer but the prospective employer must comply with the requirements of hiring a foreign worker (advertise for at least 14 days at the job bank, apply for LMO in your favour should there be no Canadian citizen or PR who applied or qualified), before applying for your new WP still as a live in caregiver; but considering you have finished the 24 months or have applied for your PR/OWP, you may have difficulty finding employers because they are wary to hire someone with your qualifications. They know you'll be working with them for only a short period of time.

miseria said:
tnx PMM

actually i've used all of my vacation and i dont intend to go home to the philippines yet. i have a 36-month contract with my employer. so is it right to say that i will only be paying for the two weeks? would it be okay to start filing my application end of september of this year? would you know of any website of the canadian immigration where i can check how many hours ive worked so far?

i also want to ask if its ok to get a new employer, a new LMO for that matter after i have submitted my application for open permit and PR? i just want to finish 2 years with my present employer and then find a new one.

HONEYGIRL

Star Member
Jan 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 27 2015
Doc's Request.
Aug.4 2015
AOR Received.
July 3 2015
File Transfer...
Aug.12 2015 plus SA ...in process Aug.15. 2015
Med's Done....
May 8 2015
Passport Req..
Sept.1 2015 sent Sept 2 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
Job-seeker is right if ur employer still need u stay there till u got ur OWP is so hard to find job the employer wants long term,,, like me my plan b4 is to find another employer after i subbmit my PR application but i realize that lot of work need to find new employer apply new LMO and work permit takes also long time... first thing the employer will ask u if u can stay with them for 3 yrs i think ur answer is NO lol

julieta21

Feb 16, 2011
where can i follow up my application (Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program) since March 2008. how long it takes to process our application? we will wait for your answer, thank you very much. GOD BLESS!!!