+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent Resident Portal invitation for Family Class (Outland) Spousal Application

hsakaj

Jul 31, 2024
Hi all,

I applied for my wife's spousal PR on March 1, 2024 under the Family Class (outland) category. We're done with Biometrics and Medical, and have received the Pre-Arrival Letter.

Just yesterday, we received an email from IRCC that stated:

Your application for permanent residence is now ready for finalization pending the confirmation of your permanent residence status. You’ll complete this process through the Permanent Resident Portal (PR Confirmation).

It asked us to send the following details as a reply to the email:

✓ Name as it appears on your passport: ✓ Height in centimetres: ✓ Eye Colour: ✓ UCI: ✓ Personal email (one for the whole family): ✓ Current residential address (apt #, street #, street name, city, province and postal code): ✓ Personal phone number: ✓ Original entry date (YYYY/MM/DD): ✓ Date of last time you entered Canada (YYYY/MM/DD): ✓ Location of last entry (which Canadian border or Canadian airport): ✓ Are you currently inside Canada (yes or no): ✓ If you are not inside Canada o When is your expected return date (YYYY/MM/DD): o In which country are you currently located:

From my personal experience of receiving a PR through CEC, this email looks like the one I received right before my PR got approved. After sending this information, I got an invitation to the PR portal where I uploaded a picture and confirmed I was in Canada.

However, this doesn't make any sense for my wife who is currently abroad (and has never visited Canada, and doesn't hold a TRV). From my research, it looks like we should be getting a PPR, not a PR Portal invitation. Does anyone know why we received this email, and/or what it could mean?

Thank you!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
However, this doesn't make any sense for my wife who is currently abroad (and has never visited Canada, and doesn't hold a TRV). From my research, it looks like we should be getting a PPR, not a PR Portal invitation. Does anyone know why we received this email, and/or what it could mean?
It's a mistake of some kind. You'll have to follow the instructions re if not in Canada, if there's an option for not here/not returning. If not, you'll have to contact and get this sorted.

Reactions: hsakaj

Osemhn08

Star Member
Jan 19, 2024
Hi everyone, hope my message finds you well. I was deported from Canada last three weeks after I was arrested by CBSA I was in prison for 15 days after court hearing they still didn’t let me stay with my 9 month old son and my spouse and they refused our inland sponsorship, I’m heart broken and my spouse currently going through a lot right now with our child. We tried to appeal for it but it’s says not allowed to appeal for inland sponsorship. And my partner trying to come to me in my country to visit and put Outland sponsorship for us. The current hardship in my country right now is unbearable and I don’t even know where to start from I’m suffering now. The CBSA gave me a certificate of departure on arrival and say to me I can come to Canada anytime. Please I want to know how possible is it to return back to my family.

hsakaj

Jul 31, 2024
It's a mistake of some kind. You'll have to follow the instructions re if not in Canada, if there's an option for not here/not returning. If not, you'll have to contact and get this sorted.
Thanks, we responded to the email stating she is not in Canada.

Reactions: armoured

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi everyone, hope my message finds you well. I was deported from Canada last three weeks after I was arrested by CBSA I was in prison for 15 days after court hearing they still didn’t let me stay with my 9 month old son and my spouse and they refused our inland sponsorship, I’m heart broken and my spouse currently going through a lot right now with our child. We tried to appeal for it but it’s says not allowed to appeal for inland sponsorship. And my partner trying to come to me in my country to visit and put Outland sponsorship for us. The current hardship in my country right now is unbearable and I don’t even know where to start from I’m suffering now. The CBSA gave me a certificate of departure on arrival and say to me I can come to Canada anytime. Please I want to know how possible is it to return back to my family.
I am not an expert but here is the relevant info:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/inadmissibility/reasons/authorization-return-canada/eligibility.html

If I read what you have stated correctly against the language in this page, you do not seem to need an ARC.

That SHOULD mean that your spouse can apply to sponsor you outland and no particular issue (beyond the fact that your relationship will need to meet the bona fide requirement and other demands of spousal sponsorship).

Make sure to tell the truth about all refusals, overstays, the departure order - everything. Misrepresentation is guaranteed to make your situation worse.

Once you have the AOR for the outland sponsorship, you can apply for TRV. I've no idea whether it will be approved. (You can apply before as well but higher chance of refusal, I'd wait until AOR).

Good luck. Others might have better knowledge of the situation that you're in than I do.

Osemhn08

Star Member
Jan 19, 2024
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/inadmissibility/reasons/authorization-return-canada/eligibility.html

If I read what you have stated correctly against the language in this page, you do not seem to need an ARC.

That SHOULD mean that your spouse can apply to sponsor you outland and no particular issue (beyond the fact that your relationship will need to meet the bona fide requirement and other demands of spousal sponsorship).

Make sure to tell the truth about all refusals, overstays, the departure order - everything. Misrepresentation is guaranteed to make your situation worse.

Once you have the AOR for the outland sponsorship, you can apply for TRV. I've no idea whether it will be approved. (You can apply before as well but higher chance of refusal, I'd wait until AOR).

Good luck. Others might have better knowledge of the situation that you're in than I do.

Osemhn08

Star Member
Jan 19, 2024

Good luck. Others might have better knowledge of the situation that you're in than I do
Thank you so much and we are trying to apply for Outland