+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent Resident Obligation

Af1786

Jun 18, 2010
Hi , i would like to get oriented about my situation , i know i have to be two years present in canada territory within 5 years period , but i would like to know if there is a permission or something that can be done to be sometime out without perjudice my status or miss my pr card , because my father is in bad health condition and i really wouldnt lik to travel away and leave it alone because f he isk of miss my pr. i am already two year pr.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you lose your PR due to residency requirements, you can appeal it because of your situation but there is no guarantee that they will still let you keep your PR.

Gary63

Dec 7, 2009
I am in the same situation. Were and how I can appeal for return my status. My P.C. is wild till 2011
Thanks

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If your PR card is still valid, you don't have to appeal yet. Wait until they realize that you don't meet the residency requirements and appeal then. This could be when you next enter Canada, if they note that you haven't met the residency requirements and start proceedings to cancel your PR status. They would then give you a month to make your appeal. This could also be if your PR card expires before you get to Canada and you need to apply for a PR travel document, you would have to appeal to them why they should let you back in.

If you were to get back into Canada with your PR card without anybody noting that you had not met the residency requirements, you could stay in Canada for 2 years without asking to renew your PR card and therefore meet the residency requirements again but if you applied to renew before you meet the residency requirements again, you would have to appeal to them why they should let you keep your PR.