+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent Residency Application Rejected - Birth Certificate

Alrofai

Jul 16, 2022
Hello,

I am a Sudanese national currently residing in Canada on a PGWP. Recently, I applied for Canadian permanent residence (PR) under NLPNP non express entry, but my application was rejected because I used my Sudanese Citizenship Certificate by Birth instead of my Birth Certificate. The rejection came getting and the nomination and submitting my Federal application and waiting for 3.5 months.

I do have a Birth Certificate issued by the Ministry of Health in Saudi Arabia when I was born in 1991. However, it is handwritten, and Canada’s IRCC does not accept handwritten documents. I have tried contacting the Saudi Consulate in Canada and they said they do not issue birth Certificates, they said I have to be in Saudi Arabia in person or have someone with power of attorney in Saudi Arabia issue it on my behalf. I do not have any contacts in Saudi Arabia who can help me obtain a new one as we left Saudi Arabia back in 1996 and there is no way to obtain it online unless your are in the country with a valid Iqama or work permit.

I have a Civil Record document (National Identity Certificate) from Sudan (my home country not where I was born) that includes my full name, mother name and my birthdate. However this document does not mention the father name because my full name includes my father name.

I am considering to resubmit my application with the birth certificate and the Civil Record document with an explanation letter. However, I am concerned my application will be returned again after waiting for 3 months.

Any advise ?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I do have a Birth Certificate issued by the Ministry of Health in Saudi Arabia when I was born in 1991. However, it is handwritten, and Canada’s IRCC does not accept handwritten documents.
I am considering to resubmit my application with the birth certificate and the Civil Record document with an explanation letter. However, I am concerned my application will be returned again after waiting for 3 months.
I am not at all an expert.

BUT: if you decide to proceed this way, by all means INCLUDE the copy of the Saudi birth certificate (with translation, notarized copy if you can get), and if you can provide ANY form of confirmation/refusal to provide an updated copy, that will help support your case.

they said I have to be in Saudi Arabia in person or have someone with power of attorney in Saudi Arabia issue it on my behalf. I do not have any contacts in Saudi Arabia who can help me obtain a new one as we left Saudi Arabia back in 1996 and there is no way to obtain it online unless your are in the country with a valid Iqama or work permit.
But BETTER (in my opinion) would be to search for a counterparty/intermediary in Saudi that can act as your agent to get the proper copy. Almost everywhere in the world there are notaries, legal firms, translation bureaux, etc., that will do this type of thing (incl notarization/legalization/apostilles etc) as needed. Or possibly firms in your own country or here in Canada that have partners that can take on this type of task.

Reactions: Alrofai