April 2012
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hello everyone,
Can someone help me answer my queries regarding my permanent residency application. I had my medical examination done last april 6,2012 and had paid the landing fee. The buffalo office were closed last may 29, 2012 and i havent received any information if my papers are now in ottawa. My question is where did my application go? Shall i contact buffalo office or ottawa? Please someone help me answer this. Thank you so much.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Shellane said:
Hello everyone,
Can someone help me answer my queries regarding my permanent residency application. I had my medical examination done last april 6,2012 and had paid the landing fee. The buffalo office were closed last may 29, 2012 and i havent received any information if my papers are now in ottawa. My question is where did my application go? Shall i contact buffalo office or ottawa? Please someone help me answer this. Thank you so much.
All the Buffalo files were transferred to Ottawa.

Shellane

Aug 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2010
AOR Received.
July 2010
Med's Request
March 2012
Med's Done....
April 2012
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hi its me again shellane,

If all the buffalo files were transferred to ottawa how come when i check on my application status it says my file has been transferred to buffalo and its on review march 14,2012 and then no more updates. But my friend had her medical last june 2012 and her application status says we have received your medical and we transferred to ottawa.
Does it mean that eventhough my application is not updated as my friend has is it automatically been transferred to ottawa? Thanks for your reply it will be highly appreciated.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Shellane said:
Hi its me again shellane,

If all the buffalo files were transferred to ottawa how come when i check on my application status it says my file has been transferred to buffalo and its on review march 14,2012 and then no more updates. But my friend had her medical last june 2012 and her application status says we have received your medical and we transferred to ottawa.
Does it mean that eventhough my application is not updated as my friend has is it automatically been transferred to ottawa? Thanks for your reply it will be highly appreciated.
Obviously your Ecas hasn't been updated, since Buffalo is closed.

Shellane

Aug 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2010
AOR Received.
July 2010
Med's Request
March 2012
Med's Done....
April 2012
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hi PMM,

Thanks for the reply. Can you advise what will i do if my Ecas is not updated. Thanks again highly appreciated.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Shellane said:
Hi PMM,

Thanks for the reply. Can you advise what will i do if my Ecas is not updated. Thanks again highly appreciated.
Nothing, it will probably be updated once some action has happened on the file. If it is outside the posted processing time, then you could always send an email enquiry.

Shellane

Aug 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2010
AOR Received.
July 2010
Med's Request
March 2012
Med's Done....
April 2012
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hi PMM,

Thanks for the information. I will just email Ottawa once the calculated processing time has ended already. Once again thank you so much.

pansacus

Aug 31, 2012
Well almost in the same boat .
Can you tell me when your file was first
Rcvd by buffalo .
My file was sent to them by CIO on aug 2011
E status says file with visa office no news
After that very stressed
Any info will be a help

jtorres

Apr 20, 2011
Hi,

I hope someone can help with this. I applied for PR submitted to buffalo in July 2011, then medical on November 2011 and since then I have'nt heard anything except when I called CIC hotline they said my file is in Ottawa.

My Ecas status is "application received" though I'm done my medical, why is that? And does someone has the same timeline or at least close to mine that received any news or PPR? I emailed Ottawa but never replied:(

Thanks so much and your reply is appreciated:)

Shellane

Aug 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2010
AOR Received.
July 2010
Med's Request
March 2012
Med's Done....
April 2012
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Let us all think positive. I just hope that Ottawa will be much faster than buffalo office. My question is what if the medical exam expires like in your case you had your medical last november 2011 and you only have 2 to 3 months more before it expires. Can someone explain to us what will happen if your medical expires and they havent asked you for PPR? Are you going to redo medical or what?

Thank you in advance.

jtorres

Apr 20, 2011
Hi Shellane,

That's what I'm thinking right now.. Think positive:) And also, your urstion is also my question, what if my medical expires, to re-medical is quite a cost coz it will be myself, my spouse and 2kids.

I've sent an inquiry to Ottawa but they never reply. I Hopeeverything will be alright soon.

Thanks

Shellane

Aug 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2010
AOR Received.
July 2010
Med's Request
March 2012
Med's Done....
April 2012
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hi !
I guess we all have to wait for their answer patiently.. I know and i believe we will be receiving it soon since they're doing the best they can.

Maneshman

Nov 28, 2012
Hi I always use to read this forum. But now decided to subscribe to this community as i'm in the same boat too.
I am currently still waiting for CPP to ask me for my passport. My eCas status is still stucked on Application Received.
I was stressing too about doing the medical again as it's very expensive. I'm staying as a tourist in Canada and find it very difficult and painful not to be able to work here even I'm a Quebec Skilled Worker.

Well I have some fresh news that may give you an idea about the time your document will be processed.
On the phone they told me it can take 1 added year to the whole process from the Buffalo closure date (end of May 2012) which gives me an indication of May 2013.
But today, by reading CIC.CA processing time I noticed that they replaced Buffalo in the list with CPP-Ottawa (our processing centre) I read that Processing time: 9 Months. (Based on Applications processed from October 1st 2011 to September 30th 2012)

Does anyone know how to interprete those informations (Do I have to calculate 9months from the consulate closure or?) if you can calculate an approximative date for my Application I would be very thankful

please do share your opinions