+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent Residency Application Cancelled

Tanvirfarabi

Mar 12, 2020
Hi there, I got my ITA back in February, and then I submitted my application with all the necessary documents. On June 25th, IRCC cancelled my application, saying that I did not provide the ECA for my spouse. But it was there under the educational document section of my spouse in a PDF. That PDF was a 3-page document containing her certificate, transcript and ECA from WES.

I contacted IRCC about it, and they didn't give me any valid response, later I reached out to our local minister for help. When the local minister reached out, IRCC mentioned that the certificate I provided is not the one for immigration. But when I reached out to WES, they are saying that I have the right one for immigration.

Now, what should I do? How can I rectify this situation?

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Either submit a webform asking for reconsideration including the proof you have from WES, or wait until you get another ITA and submit the proper paperwork.

MAIL2SUNDAREEE

Star Member
Oct 25, 2019
Hi there, I got my ITA back in February, and then I submitted my application with all the necessary documents. On June 25th, IRCC cancelled my application, saying that I did not provide the ECA for my spouse. But it was there under the educational document section of my spouse in a PDF. That PDF was a 3-page document containing her certificate, transcript and ECA from WES.

I contacted IRCC about it, and they didn't give me any valid response, later I reached out to our local minister for help. When the local minister reached out, IRCC mentioned that the certificate I provided is not the one for immigration. But when I reached out to WES, they are saying that I have the right one for immigration.

Now, what should I do? How can I rectify this situation?
Whats is your ECA NUMBER in WES.
My number in WES for PR purpose is in this format - ECA#: 1234567IMM
It should end with IMM
What is your format?

Tanvirfarabi

Mar 12, 2020
@k.h.p. I will reach out to them with a case-specific inquiry with the email from WES.
What do you mean by the proper paperwork? Do I have to submit anything else?

Thank you for your reply?

MAIL2SUNDAREEE

Star Member
Oct 25, 2019
123456/jel - it is not the format for immigration from my experience. While applying/submitting the details in WES, you should have chosen the reason as 'immigration' or 'PR'.
I think you need to submit for ECA again or call WES to convert your existing ECA to Immigration.