+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent Residency Application Cancelled due to not having an ECA

brendanch89

Feb 15, 2014
Hi,
So I got the unfortunate news that my application under the Federal Skilled Worker stream had been cancelled because I didn't have an ECA. The conundrum I am faced with is that my foreign qualification is a Trade and I can not receive an ECA for this as there is not a significant enough academic component to a TQ for an ECA to be done. However I used my Australian TQ and work experience to qualify to sit a "challenge test" for a Canadian qualification and was successful in gaining Red Seal certification as a Millwright in Cananda. I submitted both of these qualifications with my application and from my understanding from the correspondence I received as I did not have ECA in the format they were looking for (as the link between my Australian TQ and my Canadian TQ could not be drawn apparently). I contacted all of the organisations listed on CIC's website for ECA's asking if they could do an assessment linking the two qualifications they said they could not. So my question is would my best course of action given the circumstances be to re-submit an application omitting my Australian education and base it solely on my Canadian TQ? Also is it a requirement to have secondary school results included as well or does this simply give you more points in the express entry pool? Also for re-submitting an application will my immigration medical results etc. be stored on file against my client ID number or do I have to go through and get that done again?

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Brendan.

brendanch89

Feb 15, 2014
Also how recent do letters from financial institutions have to be can I re-use the ones from my previous application? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Brendan Halpin.