+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent residence under the family class for my relatives

Tieno

Apr 18, 2020
Hello everyone, I applied for my permanent residence included my relatives in the application. I applied for mine through express entry on 1st January 2019 and on may 27th 2019 I had my permanent residence and was approved as a sponsor for my dependents.
June 5 2019 the application was transferred to the embassy in Senegal.
June 14 2019 they had their medicals done
Since then I haven't heard a word from Dakar neither the processing time for thier permanent residence application.
Please can someone help me with the processing time for thier applications they are from Cameroon, the processing stages in the application and when I can get a reply from them..help me pls

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone, I applied for my permanent residence included my relatives in the application. I applied for mine through express entry on 1st January 2019 and on may 27th 2019 I had my permanent residence and was approved as a sponsor for my dependents.
June 5 2019 the application was transferred to the embassy in Senegal.
June 14 2019 they had their medicals done
Since then I haven't heard a word from Dakar neither the processing time for thier permanent residence application.
Please can someone help me with the processing time for thier applications they are from Cameroon, the processing stages in the application and when I can get a reply from them..help me pls
What kind of application is this? Spousal sponsorship? Other family members? Any chance you got PR as a refugee?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Relatives usually don’t qualify for sponsorship. What kind of relatives have you included in your application and what type of sponsorship did you apply for?

Reactions: Skp1310

Tieno

Apr 18, 2020
Relatives usually don’t qualify for sponsorship. What kind of relatives have you included in your application and what type of sponsorship did you apply for?
No I am the person who applied to sponsor them since I'm a Canadian permanent resident

Tieno

Apr 18, 2020
I just want the processing time for family class sponsorship and the assessment stages in the processing of the application

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I just want the processing time for family class sponsorship and the assessment stages in the processing of the application
This is a lower priority immigration stream. Processing times are generally around 2 years. However you should anticipate it may take longer since all processing is currently delayed to due COVID-19. So far your application looks normal. It's also normal not to hear any updates for a long time.

Tieno

Apr 18, 2020
This is a lower priority immigration stream. Processing times are generally around 2 years. However you should anticipate it may take longer since all processing is currently delayed to due COVID-19. So far your application looks normal. It's also normal not to hear any updates for a long time.
OMG! 24months!! That's too much by the way why is it a lower priority immigration stream?
Moreover I don't think there's a processing time which takes that long,
Please don't kw anyone who has applied for thesame kind of application and how long it took?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
OMG! 24months!! That's too much by the way why is it a lower priority immigration stream?
Moreover I don't think there's a processing time which takes that long,
Please don't kw anyone who has applied for thesame kind of application and how long it took?
It is lower priority because the high priority is on reuniting immediate family members, meaning spouses and children.

Yes, it certainly can and does take that long.

If you look through the forum, you will find that such files generally take years.

Tieno

Apr 18, 2020
It is lower priority because the high priority is on reuniting immediate family members, meaning spouses and children.

Yes, it certainly can and does take that long.

If you look through the forum, you will find that such files generally take years.
Too bad!
Donu kw anyone who has applied recently so I kw how the applications are being processed and the stages

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Too bad!
Donu kw anyone who has applied recently so I kw how the applications are being processed and the stages
Other relative sponsorship is not a common process. You can search the forum for other cases.