+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

People who have applied or received FBI and PCC from Indian Consulate SFO

CanadaPR90

Star Member
Dec 29, 2009
Hi All,

I have sent my initial application to CIO, sydney last week only. I am on H-4 currently in USA.

After reading some posts that FBI takes long time, so I am thinking to apply for FBI and Police Certificate Clearance from Indian consulate. Please answer following queries:

- Its mentioned on one EG7 guide, page 20 "When you submit the application to the visa office please ensure that your certificates were not issued more than three months before you submitted your application to the CIO." Does FBI and PCC from Indian Consulate carries expiry date ? If yes, will CIC accept those if they have expired by the time request comes from CIC ?

- On the Indian consulate SFO site, in the supporting documents - they have requested all current and previous passports in original. Do they keep the passports with them till the verification process is complete ?

- How much time on average Indian consulate takes time these days for PCC ?

- On FBi site, it says 13-18 weeks processing time. Has anyone experienced time more than this also ?

- If anyone has lived in India in 3-4 cities , not sure how they do police verification for the person who is in USA........does Indian consulate contacts all local police of those cities ....... ? If yes, I have stayed on rent in different cities so if any police enquiry is conducted for the place I stayed, there won't be anyone who can confirm that I have lived there....

Thanks,

CanadaPR90

Honolulu

Jan 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25th 2009 ( at Sydney)
LANDED..........
December 29th
I can speak for PCC in an Indian consulate.
The passport is requested to make an "observation" or enter your police clearance.
They will also give you a separate memo in their letterhead.
Do not worry about living in different places.
They will issue you one letter - this is meant to cover all your locations of residence and is accepted as such by the Canadian authorities.
There is no expiry date from the side of the consulate.
You should have gotten the certificate three months before your date of submission to your Canadian Consulate office.
Someone else should fill in about FBI ( I am not as well informed)
Thanks.

CanadaPR90

Star Member
Dec 29, 2009
Thanks Honolulu.

- If we apply in Person then they require (as per website of Indian consulate SFO) original - current and past passports so you mean that at the time of applying they will check and return there itself and one verification would be done, we again need to carry the passports as they have to stamp them ?

- How much time back you applied and were you able to get PCC done in 30 days ?

Regards,
CanadaPR90

sairaghav1234

Mar 12, 2010
For PCC @ SFO, when you submit in person, they issue your passports with the PCC (on their letter head) on the same day evening. My husband submitted his request in the morning, took a city tour, spent his day and then went back to the embassy to collect everything. (Huh, such a peice of cake!!!)

For FBI, when you fill the forms, tell them that this for Canada Immigration and you need it by X time.

CanadaPR90

Star Member
Dec 29, 2009
Thanks sairaghav1234.

Same day service is applicable to people who got passports issued from SFO only..

Mine was issued from India :( and website says "30 days or on receipt of clearance from Passport Issuing Authority concerned, whichever is earlier"