+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PEI PNP ITA received - query on application

saumilsshah

Feb 28, 2019
Hi,

I have received the ITA as part of the PEI PNP draw this month. Before I proceed with submission of the docs, I have one query, if anyone can help resolve.

Under the adaptability section, I have been awarded 5 points for "I have graduated from a recognized PEI post-secondary institution."

Do I need to show education completed at an institute within PEI or does this include education that is done anywhere globally, as long as the institution is recognized by PEI? I am informed by someone that I shouldn't have been awarded the 5 adaptability points as I have not studied within PEI, and that I should withdraw my application.

My reading of the statement above is that as long as I have completed education from a institution that is recognized by PEI as a valid institution, I am eligible to apply.

Thanks for the help.

Teslatooper

Feb 20, 2019
Hi,

I have received the ITA as part of the PEI PNP draw this month. Before I proceed with submission of the docs, I have one query, if anyone can help resolve.

Under the adaptability section, I have been awarded 5 points for "I have graduated from a recognized PEI post-secondary institution."

Do I need to show education completed at an institute within PEI or does this include education that is done anywhere globally, as long as the institution is recognized by PEI? I am informed by someone that I shouldn't have been awarded the 5 adaptability points as I have not studied within PEI, and that I should withdraw my application.

My reading of the statement above is that as long as I have completed education from a institution that is recognized by PEI as a valid institution, I am eligible to apply.

Thanks for the help.
Read the definitions section in the Instructions/PEI Express Entry Application Guide.

PEI Post Secondary Institution means-

Publically funded PEI post-secondary institution: “A post-secondary institution that derives its’ primary funding from the Province of Prince Edward Island”.

Your reading of the situation appears to be incorrect.

saumilsshah

Feb 28, 2019
Thank you, so would that mean I have to withdraw my EOI and resubmit for a fresh draw? Or should I continue and apply using the ITA received?

mamaD4

Apr 17, 2019
Hi,

Thanks for the help.

I think if your institution is among this list, you can still submit and hope for the best. These are post-secondary institutions recognized in Canada. What do you have to lose?
www.nait.ca/docs/recognized_post_secondary_institutes.pdf

The question says, "Graduated from a recognized PEI post-secondary institution" not " Graduated from a Publically funded PEI post-secondary institution"

Last edited:

tazasil

Jun 8, 2019
Read the definitions section in the Instructions/PEI Express Entry Application Guide.

PEI Post Secondary Institution means-

Publically funded PEI post-secondary institution: “A post-secondary institution that derives its’ primary funding from the Province of Prince Edward Island”.

Your reading of the situation appears to be incorrect.
what was ur college / university?