+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCCvalidity

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
I submitted the PCC and one was more than 3 months old, they asked me for that particular one again. So to answer your question, its 3 months, but it all depends on the visa officer.

wpc71

Dec 17, 2008
NewYorker,
Which day did you consider to claculate the three month validity? The date of sending your application or the date of AOR?
Thanks,

babutv2000

Jan 29, 2009
I am also keen to know the validity of pcc. Ie from date of application to novascotia or date of application to visa office or date of aor from visa office ? Visa office specific instructions hv no mention to validity of pcc. Will it make a difference if i have not visited that country since issue of pcc?

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
Three months from the date on the PCC itself, that is why they say to wait until CIC ask for the PCC. It has nothing to do with AOR or document request date.

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
babutv2000 said:
I am also keen to know the validity of pcc. Ie from date of application to novascotia or date of application to visa office or date of aor from visa office ? Visa office specific instructions hv no mention to validity of pcc. Will it make a difference if i have not visited that country since issue of pcc?
Doesn't matter if you visited the country or not, you need to take it out again if it is expired in the eyes of CIC. I have heard that in some cases they have accepted even older than 3 months PCC, however you are taking chances.

I am a live example.

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
So does this mean, they should receive it within the three month from the date of issue or is it that it should be less than 3 months old when they review it (because if this is the case, the chances are all our PCCs will expire).

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
Within three months from the date of issue of the PCC should be sent to CIC, at least that is what happened to me, one of my PCC was 4 months old and the rest were current (less than 2 months old) - they asked for the one which was 4 months old even though I did not visited that country.

babutv2000

Jan 29, 2009
I am hoping to send my application tomorrow to visa office. I have two pcc's less than 3 months, two are older. I hv applied for them but not yet received. If i wait, other two will expire. Hence i will hv to take chance by submitting as it is and hope that visa office will not reject my application but only ask for updated pcc.

wpc71

Dec 17, 2008
NewYorker,
This does not seem fair. The instructions say they sould not be older than three months when you apply. Not when they receive them or when you send them or when your case is being reviewed. Did you apply under the new rules? If so, the lock-in date is the date of receipt of your application by the Sydney Office. Correct me if I am wrong. Plus, it is really dificult to have all the PCCs obtained withing the 4 months period you are given and they are still younger than 3 months.

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
getting all the PCCs within the 4 months is generally as hard as getting the hardest (or slowest) one in 4 months.

I am also in that situation. My hardest one is just hard to get :(

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys, I am in the same shoes. My hardest one is just hard to get :(
It is actually from a country I left almost 20 Years ago.

wpc71

Dec 17, 2008
getting all the PCCs within the 4 months is generally as hard as getting the hardest (or slowest) one in 4 months.

I am also in that situation. My hardest one is just hard to get :(
Rupesh,
Did you not submit your fulll application yet? I thought you did! If did, were you not supposed to send ALL documents in a single package??