+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC requirements - painful to obtain in India!!

selvinsahaya

Jul 1, 2014
Senior members plz help

1) Is PCC required for all applicants or does CIC request PCC only from few applicants ?

2) I was Persuing my education in Singapore for a little more than 6 months, around 6 months 10 days, am I still required to submit PcC for Singapore stay ?

3) Apart from the above Singapore visit, I was in India most of the time, but across many states, is it required to produce PCC from each state for the last 10 years ?

selvinsahaya

Jul 1, 2014
Forum member please help, if the requirement is to get a PCC from each state of residence in India, then ill have to start immediately!!

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
Get PCC from your passport office in India. Generally they issue it on the same day if police clearance done recently. Otherwise it may take around one month time.

akd1986

Aug 13, 2014
Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-10-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
1) PCC Required for all applicants

2) Yes..In Singapore its called Certificate of Clearance (COC)...You must get one from each country or territory where you have lived for six or more months in a row since the age of 18.The certificate must be issued no more than three months before you apply.

applies to both Work visa & Student Visa... but its better u wait for CIC to ask for it after u have submitted your application

Head Criminal Records,
CID (COC Office)
Blk D Police Cantonment Complex
#02-07/08
391 New Bridge Road
Singapore 088762
E-mail: SPF_CID_COC@spf.gov.sg

For Non-Singapore Citizens

The CID will only process requests for COC for non-Singapore citizens who have resided in Singapore for at least 6 months. A COC request letter along with a COC Appeal Application Form will be sent to you by the Immigration Office after reviewing the application. You are required to complete the COC Appeal Application Form, plus a COC Application Form that you may obtain from the SPF website (please see address above). Once you have completed the forms, provide the required supporting documents listed above, and submit in-person or by mail to the COC Office. Please note that the Certificate of Clearance (COC) will be mailed directly to the Canadian immigration office requesting the certificate.

3) Not Sure....but better get it done before sending ur application