+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC from Indian consulate

ainpdude

Nov 29, 2008
j2alberta said:
Dude, are you sure about the consulate mentioning "ISSUED PCC for CANADA IMMIGRATION" on the passport??
I dont think the "MISC FORM" asks you to state a reason as to why you need the PCC.

Please confirm AINP dude.

ainpdude said:
engg said:
Do we need to send Original Passport to get PCC from counslate here ?
Yes they need the passport so that they can stamp on it that
"ISSUED PCC for CANADA IMMIGRATION"

sorry i had not read this post.... even if they dont ask on MISC form
they do need that information before issuing the PCC ... i think you have
to let them know verbally if not written...

jspal

May 29, 2009
IF THEY DON'T REPLY YOU HAVE RIGHT TO SCREW THEM UP. I HAD SCREWED UP NY CONSULATE..
AFTER GETTING THE DOSE FROM ME THEY WERE TREATING ME LIKE VIP.

AFTER ALL YOU ARE THE CITIZEN OF INDIA AND THEY ARE PUBLIC SERVENT OF INDIA.

BUT YOU SHOULD KNOW YOUR RIGHTS BEFORE YOU PINCH THEM.

jspal

May 29, 2009
Just send a RTI application and ask tons of questions whatever comes in your mind related to your request. They must have to reply you with in 30 days timeline set by constitution of India under RTI ACT - 2005. I bet you they will give you a call with in 2-3 days.

Otherwise Fine clock (250/- per day) will start on the officer responsible for providing the service and He may be terminated from his service if he never reply to your question.

Make sure you follow the timeline set by them to deliver the service. For example if it is 45 days for PCC wait till 50 days.

For more information www.rtiindia.org

Thanks

AlbertaCitizen

Star Member
Apr 11, 2009
jspal said:
Just send a RTI application and ask tons of questions whatever comes in your mind related to your request. They must have to reply you with in 30 days timeline set by constitution of India under RTI ACT - 2005. I bet you they will give you a call with in 2-3 days.

Otherwise Fine clock (250/- per day) will start on the officer responsible for providing the service and He may be terminated from his service if he never reply to your question.

Make sure you follow the timeline set by them to deliver the service. For example if it is 45 days for PCC wait till 50 days.

For more information www.rtiindia.org

Thanks
jspal,

Which consulate you are asking about PCC? Houston, NY or Chicago?

pavanik01

Mar 9, 2009
Hello Everyone,

Can someone tell the process to apply for a PCC from Indian Embassy In Washington DC. I would like to what needs to be sent to them.
Do they need a fingerprinting also , if so where can I get one. What other documents do they need .

Please let me know as I it's getting late .

Thanks,
Pavani

manianz47

Sep 15, 2008
Hi

I did get the PCC from Washington DC.
Complete the Miscellaneous Form. Specify that you need the PCC for Canada Visa.
Send the required Fee, Form and Passport to the Embassy.
Depending on the luck you may get in about 6 weeks time.
If you reside close to Washington DC, I advise you to apply in person

pavanik01

Mar 9, 2009
Hi manianz47

Thanks for your reply . I found the miscellenious form online. As informed I will send this form , passport and $20 in Money Order. Do I need to send my passport to the embassy or just a copy of my passport sufficient. I see a lot of people complain in the forum that they have not heard anything back from the embassy in 60 days . That is a concern if I send my original passport copy to the embassy. Please let me know

I see the following note in the misc form "
PLEASE INCLUDE RETURN MAILING CHARGES WHEREVER APPLICABLE. CURRENT
CHARGES ARE $20 FOR EXPRESS MAIL AND $10 FOR PRIORITY MAIL. FOR ATTESTATION OF
CIVIL DOCUMENTS AND POWER OF ATTORNEY, THE APPLICANT IS REQUIRED TO AFFIX ONE
PHOTOGRAPH AT THE END OF THE DOCUMENT ALONG WITH SPECIMEN SIGNATURE.
SIGNATURES AND ADDRESSES OF TWO WITNESSES ARE TO BE FURNISHED (WHEREVER
APPLICABLE) "

Is this applicable to my scenario.Also It would be helpful if someone could inform be the need of sending my original passport

Thanks,
Pavani

murali4

Mar 8, 2009
Hello Everyone....

My Question here is do I send my Passport with the initial request for PCC or post it once they approve it or contact me in any way. Does it make sense to post them or meet them personally once I receive any sort of acknowledgment on my request.

Thanks,
murali

manianz47

Sep 15, 2008
Hi

You need to send the Original Passport (Washington DC needs that. Looks like LA does not..)
I did not get any additional attestations / notarizations.
You need to include $20.00 for return postage if you want them to be returned by post.

As far as I could see the time line is not deteremined by the Indian Embassy here. They will send out the request to India and depends on your State police there..

If you reside close to DC, please apply in person.

Also in case of emergency, you can always get back the Passport in person from the Embassy. This is not an issue.

iAlberta

Star Member
Mar 22, 2009
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/Mar/2009
Doc's Request.
16/Dec/2009
Nomination.....
11/Jan/2010
AOR Received.
01/Jun/2010
Med's Request
01/Jun/2010
Med's Done....
04/Jun/2010
Passport Req..
27/Aug/2010
I want to PCC in NY consulate.

can any one tell me what is the best process... either by mail or in-person...

do we need to submit original passport if I apply thru mail? how many days will it take to get PCC?

would be really helpful if anyone can reply in detail step by step process...