+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC from India

SHADYXV

Jan 13, 2021
I currently reside in Ontario and want PCC for immigration. Can someone please guide me on how to get a police clearance certificate from India? Is it mandatory to apply for it through BLS?
Thank You.

joshytu

Dec 6, 2020
There is an online portal through which you can make an application and print out the required forms. I don't know the exact process in Ontario but for me even though I was overseas I made the application online and had to go in person to the embassy/embassy outsourced agents to provide the documentation and make the payments. After this PCC is initiated through their side and your district police will come to verify your address at which point you/relatives will have to give him some amount of money to expedite the process or else they will delay it for a long period. I received my PCC within 4 days.

SHADYXV

Jan 13, 2021
There is an online portal through which you can make an application and print out the required forms. I don't know the exact process in Ontario but for me even though I was overseas I made the application online and had to go in person to the embassy/embassy outsourced agents to provide the documentation and make the payments. After this PCC is initiated through their side and your district police will come to verify your address at which point you/relatives will have to give him some amount of money to expedite the process or else they will delay it for a long period. I received my PCC within 4 days.
Thank you for your reply. I actually wanted to ask that can I ask my relatives to go to a local police station in India and make them write a pcc for me ? Will that be accepted?

joshytu

Dec 6, 2020
Thank you for your reply. I actually wanted to ask that can I ask my relatives to go to a local police station in India and make them write a pcc for me ? Will that be accepted?
I believe if you are a NRI you have to apply through the online portal and local PCC will not serve the same purpose. You will need to check this with police station if it is possible.