+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC Expired need to send new PCC - Please help !!!

Khanak

May 18, 2010
Hello Friends,

I have a question regarding PCC from New Delhi
My PCC will be expiring soon (12 months) & the final decision is still pending.
It is most likely that a new PCC will be required.

Ever since the full documents were submitted... there have been few changes...
1) I got married & shifted to a new home address(my spouse's house)
2) I have included my spouse in the application & his PCC has his home address.

My question is apart from marriage certificate I have no address proof for this new house where I am staying for past 4-5 months... How can I request PCC??

What all qualify for address proof requirement...
I was reading Passport seva kendra started in chandigarh.. & it mentioned that if spouse passport has that address along with marriage certificate can qualify...

Can someone please confirm it for New Delhi??

Thank you !!!

amitsmeet

Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Khanak,

Marriage Certificate only is enough as a proof, may be a marriage pic along with that should have helped, but relax, its perfectly fine, if ND VO have doubts he shall ring u both and confirm the same, it is not an issue that has material impact on ur case.

V

visheshmalhotra13

Hi,

Yes right, marriage certificate is enough, but if your police station does not change, police verification might not be needed. When i applied PCC for my wife, there was no verification and they issued PCC in a week. Secondly, PCC is valid for 18 months from the date of issue, so i would suggest until your file is in final stages and VO does not asks for one, do not get PCC. May be they do not require it. In any case if you are in Chandigarh, PCC will take maximum one month if a police verification is required. Rest if you feel VO is going to take some time in reviewing and processing your file, its your wish to get PCC as when applying for PCC your passports will be with passport office for that period and if you need to get medicals or anything like that done, you would not be having passports, so plan accordingly.

Khanak

May 18, 2010
Thank you so much for reply...

I am in Delhi.
Police station is same even after marriage & shifting to my husbands house.

You said.. there was no police verification for your wife & PCC was issued in a week..

Could u please let me know... Was your situation similar to mine??
Also... was the PCC issued by RPO office or Police station???

inderpalsidhu

Star Member
Feb 21, 2011
Jagraon
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
april 2010
Doc's Request.
august 2010
Nomination.....
Full Docs To VO 25 Nov 2010
AOR Received.
Date on AOR recieved dec 2010
File Transfer...
August 2010
Med's Request
14 march and new born med req 24 sep
Med's Done....
18 march and 26 sep recieved by VO 27 sep
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
14 march
VISA ISSUED...
Dm on 17 sep 2013, waiting for passport
LANDED..........
may be nov 2013
How to obtain a police certificate
India

Do I need to provide a police certificate when applying for permanent residence?
Yes.

How and where do I obtain one?

Local Requests

For districts other than the Punjab:
Applicants should contact the local Senior Superintendent of Police/ Superintendent of Police/ Commissioner or Deputy Commissioner of Police, the Additional Commissioner of Police, or the Station House Officer (Police clearance certificate issued by the Regional Passport Office are also acceptable.

For residents of the Punjab:
Only the Senior Superintendent of Police or the Regional Passport Office may sign a Police Clearance Certificate.

Non-Resident Requests
Applicants should contact the Indian embassy or consulate.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/india.asp

V

visheshmalhotra13

Dear Khanak,

I applied through RPO. Yes same situation. My wife's surname has to be changed, address to be changed and PCC was to be issued, and there was no verification. I just applied for all of these and it was done within a week.