+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC Card ( Urgent Nearing 120 days deadline) Attention PMM/Seniors

dblooos

Nov 14, 2009
jes_ON,
What is this Lock in date? I got an email from CIO on March 17th asking me to send my documents to visa office. But there is no mention of the date on which they received my application. Please clarify what do you mean by Lock-in date? My Fbi card was issued on Oct 21,2009..

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english//resources/manuals/op/op01-eng.pdf

p.17, 5.24 Lock-in date
The lock-in date is a reference point used to freeze certain factors for the purpose of processing applications. Neither the Act nor Regulations define it. It does not overcome any requirements of the Act and Regulations that applicants must satisfy when an officer admits them.

Regulations in effect on the lock-in date usually apply to applications submitted that day. Changes in regulations after the lock-in date do not usually apply to applications submitted on or before the
lock-in date."

For FSW...
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op06-eng.pdf
see p. 18.

Check your eCAS status, it might say the date there, if you don't know the date your app was received at CIO...

dblooos

Nov 14, 2009
jes_ON,
I am still not clear about my lock-in date. I got the confirmation from CIO on March 17th approximately 50 days after I sent my application to them. Is there a way we can find it out my Lock-in date??
I went to get my fingerprints done today. But a lady told me that if I sent a set of 4 fingerprints card to the Texas DPS at Austin with a money order of 34.25 Dollars, then the DPS can send me the criminal history records within 2-3 weeks both state and federal and there is no need for me to send them to FBI as it takes longer time. I called DPS million times to confirm whether they can do the Federal Background check also. But no one lifted the phone. Do you have any idea about it? Please reply asap as I do not want to lose days, waiting to find the right procedure.
Regards
dblooos

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
I do not think CIC will accept a federal clearance from anyone but the FBI.

I will say it again - the DATE RECEIVED at CIO is the important date (lock-in date). When I got my AOR from CIO, the very first sentence of the letter stated the DATE RECEIVED.

e-CAS:
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/?app=ecas&lang=en

dblooos

Nov 14, 2009
jes_ON,
When you received your AOR, was it via email or a hard copy?? I only got an email and there is nothing in there mentioning the date received.
Dblooos

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
It was by email, last July (2009). I assumed they were essentially form letters, but I guess not. Or the form letters keep changing...

If you submitted using a courier, you would have had tracking - so the date delivered is the same...

In any case, if the date is very close, you can do the following:
(a) Apply for a new clearance from the FBI.
(b ) If you do not receive the new clearance in time, do not miss the 120 day deadline! Submit the clearance you have.
(c) Include a note stating that you are not sure if it is still valid, so you have submitted a new application to the FBI (copy of the application would be a good idea), and that you will submit the new one as soon as you receive it.

Were you able to get in to e-CAS? I don't know if will tell you anything about the application received date, tho...

dblooos

Nov 14, 2009
jes_ON,
Last time I send the documents to CIO by ordinary mail. But I think I can track the date when they got my application. So, do you mean that the date on which they receive my application is the lock-in date for my application? Does that also mean that my old FBI clearance certificates should not be older than three months from that date? I received AOR on March 17th. I think I sent the application in the last week of January.
I applied for FBI clearance certificate again yesterday. I think they will take around one month to finish the entire processing. So can I wait till March 10-12 for the certificate and in case they do not send it then I send my application as suggested by you via express mail?? What do you think? Is it a better idea to send the application with old certificates or wait for the newer ones as much as we can??
Regards
dblooos

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
OK, by my count, CIO would have had to receive your application no later than Jan 21 for the FBI clearance to be valid. Which means it is really close, but if you sent the application by regular mail the last week of January, then you probably missed it.

You can wait for the new one, but you probably won't get it in time. Send your application at least a week before the 120 day deadline (by courier, e.g. Fedex), to allow extra time for for delivery problems, etc. So you have until about July 5-7... very few get a response from the FBI in that short of time nowadays.

Include the old clearance but tell them you've applied for a new FBI clearance "just in case." Go ahead and include the expired State cert as well - I was advised to do this by an IO (not from Buffalo) - don't know if it will help, but can't hurt.

dblooos

Nov 14, 2009
Seniors,
I sent my application today. With Old FBI clearance and I am not sure what is going to happen. Would keep you posted about the result. The number of photographs that I sent were 4, I am a little confused about the number, should it be 4 or 6 because somewhere in this forum I read they should be 6, but checklist says 4. how many are required?
Please respond.

Thanks
dblooos