+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC before marriage without spouse name

Chinky16

Mar 10, 2018
Hi all,

Me and my boyfriend will be applying for canada’s PR through express entry together as a married couple with the required CRS score. We will be getting our marriage registration certification in around 25 days after which we can start the process. So as to save on some time afterwards we were planning to apply for PCC right now individually as singles without spouse name. So could you guys suggest if it is fine to do so?? If we get our PCC as singles and later apply for the PR as a married couple will it cause any issue in our verification by CIC as there will be no name change or spouse name in the passport?

Please gove your valuable suggestions.

ranjangaur4

Dec 11, 2017
Hi all,

Me and my boyfriend will be applying for canada’s PR through express entry together as a married couple with the required CRS score. We will be getting our marriage registration certification in around 25 days after which we can start the process. So as to save on some time afterwards we were planning to apply for PCC right now individually as singles without spouse name. So could you guys suggest if it is fine to do so?? If we get our PCC as singles and later apply for the PR as a married couple will it cause any issue in our verification by CIC as there will be no name change or spouse name in the passport?

Being unmarried or married has nothing to do with your PCC, so you can go ahead. HOWEVER, consider that PCC from country you live in is only valid 6 months. Do start collection PCCs from other countries (if any) you have lived in in the past.

santhkum90

Oct 17, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-09-2017
AOR Received.
15-09-2017
Passport Req..
16-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2017
LANDED..........
28-03-2018
Hi all,

You can go ahead with your PCC application. It is separate for everyone and does not include any details about your spouse.

Chinky16

Mar 10, 2018
Being unmarried or married has nothing to do with your PCC, so you can go ahead. HOWEVER, consider that PCC from country you live in is only valid 6 months. Do start collection PCCs from other countries (if any) you have lived in in the past.
Thanks for the help

Chinky16

Mar 10, 2018
I had one more question...can you guys tell me that when we make an express entry so are we required to fill the date of marriage or the date of marriage registration or whether both need to be filled??

Syed2808

Star Member
Jun 28, 2017
TORONTO
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
09-09-2017
AOR Received.
09-09-2017
Med's Done....
08-09-2017
Passport Req..
29-09-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-10-2017
LANDED..........
22-05-2018
I had one more question...can you guys tell me that when we make an express entry so are we required to fill the date of marriage or the date of marriage registration or whether both need to be filled??
They don't ask for the date when you create your profile.

meenumalik

Aug 22, 2018
Hi all,

Hi there..
I have exact same situation here.. did you get your PR.. please reply as I am waiting to get my PCC

meenumalik

Aug 22, 2018
Hi there..
I have exact same situation here.. did you get your PR.. please reply as I am waiting to get my PCC

anivargh

Jul 2, 2020
Hi all,

Hi I have same question did u get ur PR?

Happyhdjdjxjjjxb

Dec 13, 2019
Hi everyone , Please help me,
I am married in Canada. And our parents don't know anything about our marriage.
Can i do pcc without mentioning my marital status?
Is there any impact on PR file?
What options, I have now?
please share your experience if you had same situation like me.
Thank you

Happyhdjdjxjjjxb

Dec 13, 2019
Hi all,

Hi everyone , Please help me,
I am married in Canada. And our parents don't know anything about our marriage.
Can i do pcc without mentioning my marital status?
Is there any impact on PR file?
What options, I have now?
please share your experience if you had same situation like me.
Thank you