+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Paying the Right to Permanent Residency Fee Separately

visavisavis

Dec 4, 2013
Hi there,

I am sponsoring my common-law partner and we are about to send off our applications. I am looking at the online fee payment option, and see that it only takes credit cards. I was hoping there would be some way of paying via direct deposit (it is 2014 after all), because we only have one credit card with a lower limit available. We also cannot wait to make a payment at our bank, because his FBI background check is close to the 3 month expiry.

My question is, since we can pay the RTPR fee later, is it possible to pay the other fees first, then pay that fee next month? Would this cause any delays or confusion with our file?

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
No, you can pay the sponsors fee and the application fee now, then later when you are able you can pay the RPRF fee. It won't cause a slow down with your application UNLESS you wait until they request the fee because then you have to pay it before they issue the COPR. If you pay it after you file the application but before approval, just keep the receipt until you have a UCI, then you can send a photocopy and request it be attached to your file.

Graihn

Jul 15, 2013
Kitchener-Waterloo
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 1 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 12 2014
Alurra71 said:
No, you can pay the sponsors fee and the application fee now, then later when you are able you can pay the RPRF fee. It won't cause a slow down with your application UNLESS you wait until they request the fee because then you have to pay it before they issue the COPR. If you pay it after you file the application but before approval, just keep the receipt until you have a UCI, then you can send a photocopy and request it be attached to your file.
If your limit is $500 can't you make a payment into that account so the available balance is $1040?

Funny I didn't think of this at first (also only had a lower limit), so I thought I'd pay in May or June, as my file wouldnt be in process till July-August, but them effers in London requested it last week... So I guess they also request even though they are not about to issue the CoPR.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Graihn said:
If your limit is $500 can't you make a payment into that account so the available balance is $1040?

Funny I didn't think of this at first (also only had a lower limit), so I thought I'd pay in May or June, as my file wouldnt be in process till July-August, but them effers in London requested it last week... So I guess they also request even though they are not about to issue the CoPR.
if they are requesting your RPRF fee, they are ready to issue your COPR. They don't ask for the fees until they are ready for you to land. Great news for you Graihn! :D

visavisavis

Dec 4, 2013
Graihn said:

Graihn,

That is a great idea, but again its an issue of time for us. Our credit card is US-based, and our bank accounts are in Canada and Australia. We have not had great luck getting money quickly transferred from these accounts to the credit card. International banking is such a pain sometimes.

Alurra,

Thanks for your advice. Do you know how long it usually takes for the UCI to be generated? I'm assuming we will have to wait for that before submitting our payment of the RTPR fee.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
If you have a family member or friend that has a higher limit card, ask them to pay the fees and transfer the money to their bank account.

Graihn

Jul 15, 2013
Kitchener-Waterloo
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 1 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 12 2014
Alurra71 said:
if they are requesting your RPRF fee, they are ready to issue your COPR. They don't ask for the fees until they are ready for you to land. Great news for you Graihn! :D
Actually I have seen in the London spreadsheet that some have gotten the request early, and was still processed within normal processing times. So I don't have my hopes up :(

Lol