+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Paying for sponsorship...so confusing

donfather

Sep 28, 2019
The payment for spousal sponsorship is so confusing. After it asks me all the questions, it keeps on telling me to only pay for biometrics. That cannot be right, right?

It says in the guide that I need to pay for these: Sponsorship fee ($75), principal applicant processing fee ($475) and right of permanent residence fee ($490) for a total of $1040. I haven't paid any of these yet.

I know I need to pay $85 for biometrics for my spouse who's applying.

Here is what I'm still confused about now: Do I need to pay the $150 for "Include any dependant child" even if my child is already a Canadian citizen with a passport, but who lives abroad with us?

Just to be sure, my kid is a Cdn citizen, so no biometrics needed right? I'm pretty sure that is correct.

Thanks in advance.

StephanH

Feb 20, 2019
Category........
The payment for spousal sponsorship is so confusing. After it asks me all the questions, it keeps on telling me to only pay for biometrics. That cannot be right, right?

It says in the guide that I need to pay for these: Sponsorship fee ($75), principal applicant processing fee ($475) and right of permanent residence fee ($490) for a total of $1040. I haven't paid any of these yet.

I know I need to pay $85 for biometrics for my spouse who's applying.

Here is what I'm still confused about now: Do I need to pay the $150 for "Include any dependant child" even if my child is already a Canadian citizen with a passport, but who lives abroad with us?

Just to be sure, my kid is a Cdn citizen, so no biometrics needed right? I'm pretty sure that is correct.

Thanks in advance.
Your child is already a Canadian, they are not part of the application... they don't need BM or MED... You will just need to add your child on form IMM-5406 - additional family information - Section B.

Just pay the 1040.00 + Biometrics (85.00) ;)

donfather

Sep 28, 2019
Ooooooooooh. Thanks for your reply. I have filled in the child's info on form IMM0008. Is that wrong then?

Your child is already a Canadian, they are not part of the application... they don't need BM or MED... You will just need to add your child on form IMM-5406 - additional family information - Section B.

Just pay the 1040.00 + Biometrics (85.00) ;)

Last edited:

StephanH

Feb 20, 2019
Category........
Ooooooooooh. Thanks for your reply. I have filled in the child's info on form IMM0008. Is that wrong then?
Your child is already a Canadian, you don't put them on form IMM0008, the way you did is wrong... Dependant means the child is not a Canadian citizen and the applicant's child. If you were the step father then you would have to fill out !MM0008, but you are the biological father. Also, don't forget to put "1" in application details - 3 - in IMM0008.

I have a child and she has never been in Canada but she acquired her Canadian citizenship earlier this year, she is not a dependant, my partner the PA never added her on form IMM0008.

Last edited:

donfather

Sep 28, 2019
Oh my. Thanks StephanH. I didn't see anywhere in the instructions explain it like you did. It's all so vague. They should hire you to write the manual. Cheers.

Reactions: StephanH

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....