+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Past tuberculosis history

BillyH321

Aug 16, 2019
For extra-pulmonary tb, any idea what to expect in medical tests? I have completed 9 months of course and have note from doctor saying that i have completed and cured. Dr did not ask for any other test after 9 months.
So will just the note from doctor be enough? Do i need to get any thing else done like MRI?
Also what tests can medical panel ask me to undergo?

Max12

Jun 20, 2021
I was diagnosed with tuberculosis lymphadenitis.It is a rare form of tuberculosis(not transferable) that can be very difficult physically as well as mentally.After the diagnosis I had to undergo a surgery to remove a swollen lymph-node from his neck. It was a open wound that could not be stitched so it took around 5-6 months to heal.I was under regular medication and diagnosis.
I had to skip college for around 8 months keeping my health a top priority.
I was on oral medication that ended in December 2017
Now i have completed my 3 year program in 4 years becoz of this very problem.
Now that i want to apply to canada for further study.
Should i disclose this reason in my application or avoid it .
Are there any chance that my application may get rejected based on my history of TB ?

So you applied after this and what happed?
My medical history is same but its been 8 years after treatment. Can you gve me information about what test you were asked to do?
I was diagnosed with tuberculosis lymphadenitis.It is a rare form of tuberculosis(not transferable) that can be very difficult physically as well as mentally.After the diagnosis I had to undergo a surgery to remove a swollen lymph-node from his neck. It was a open wound that could not be stitched so it took around 5-6 months to heal.I was under regular medication and diagnosis.
I had to skip college for around 8 months keeping my health a top priority.
I was on oral medication that ended in December 2017
Now i have completed my 3 year program in 4 years becoz of this very problem.
Now that i want to apply to canada for further study.
Should i disclose this reason in my application or avoid it .
Are there any chance that my application may get rejected based on my history of TB ?
[/QU

Monish1712

Mar 3, 2021
@canuck78 hello there. Im monish from India. I did my upfront medical 2 months back. And i did mention about my tb history and the treatment.. But they still didn't ask for additional tests? I didn't file my visa yet.

vivekrai

Jun 7, 2019
@canuck78 hello there. Im monish from India. I did my upfront medical 2 months back. And i did mention about my tb history and the treatment.. But they still didn't ask for additional tests? I didn't file my visa yet.
hi monish, Did they ask for the remedicals or anything like that? have you rceived your copr?