Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
Stream: OUTLAND (US)
PPR Date: June 10, 2018
Passport Delivered to CPC Ottawa: June 13, 2018
PR application details in MyCIC changed to approved: Waiting
Return Tracker Activated Date: Waiting
COPR delivered: Waiting
That's too long a wait, send them an email to ask about the status.

kc1992

May 9, 2018
Stream: OUTLAND (US)
PPR Date: June 10, 2018
Passport Delivered to CPC Ottawa: June 13, 2018
PR application details in MyCIC changed to approved: Waiting
Return Tracker Activated Date: Waiting
COPR delivered: Waiting
Are you seriously waiting since a month? OMG

harshap

Jul 10, 2018
I tried reaching them after your response. There was a problem. Now, they resolved it and sent our passports! Thanks!

koushik90

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
NY
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
USA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-31-2017
Hi Everyone,

I got the PPR email a couple days back. My timeline in the signature.

I am an Indian citizen curently Living in USA. I have a couple questions before sending my passport to CPC Ottawa.

1. I went to FedEx office yesterday to ship my passport and I had a concern, while I am trying to get a return label I had two options of prices and once I selected the price I was given an option whether the return package will be dropped off at aFedEx location OR does it have to be picked up from the sender(CPC Ottawa office) OR does it need to be picked up along with some other packages from the sender. I am not sure what to select. Did anyone living in USA had the similar issue? If so, can you please advise what you did regarding this.

2. "If you have a mailing address in the U.S.A.: - A copy of a Self-Addressed FedEx, UPS or Purolator shipping label should be provided for the return of your documents. Please purchase a shipping label online or in store for FedEx/UPS/Purolator which includes transportation fees." - This is what I received in the email. What does "transportation fees" mean? Is there something else we need to add to the regular return label or envelope.

3. I am going to UPS today and try and see if the process will go there better. If not, did anyone change their VO from Ottawa to New York or anywhere in USA. Is it better to just change the VO to NY and send the passport through USPS instead of all this hassel. The only concern of cahnging my VO I have is it will take IRCC another 2 weeks to respond to my email and change the VO and another 2-3 weeks to get the passport back.

Can anyone please advise as to what I can do this regarding this.

Thank you

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
The PPR email says if you need instructions on how to get a prepaid envelope, email the Ottawa office and they will send those within a day. Fedex is the preferred method (not UPS).
I will just recommend one small change to the instructions sent by CPC. They send a link for Fedex shipment manager lite, which only gives you Fedex Express options which are $50+. If you choose Fedex shipment manage advanced instead, it will give your Fedex Ground options. That costs less than $20 and delivers in 3 business days. You have to open an online Fedex account to use advanced. Also, Fedex Ground asks for shipment type or something, to which I answered 'repair and return'.
To answer you questions, you have to select 'use an already scheduled pickup'. I guess CPC has a daily scheduled pickup already, so they just use that for all return shipments. Transportation fees are included by default when you print the label online, so don't worry about those. NY consulate does not process immigrant visas directly. You have to send it to Ottawa. Interestingly, if you apply for a visit visa, they ask you to send your passports to NY. NY Consulate then sends them to Ottawa anyway. So, I don't know why they can't use that process for immigrant visas also.

koushik90

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
NY
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
USA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-31-2017
The PPR email says if you need instructions on how to get a prepaid envelope, email the Ottawa office and they will send those within a day. Fedex is the preferred method (not UPS).
I will just recommend one small change to the instructions sent by CPC. They send a link for Fedex shipment manager lite, which only gives you Fedex Express options which are $50+. If you choose Fedex shipment manage advanced instead, it will give your Fedex Ground options. That costs less than $20 and delivers in 3 business days. You have to open an online Fedex account to use advanced. Also, Fedex Ground asks for shipment type or something, to which I answered 'repair and return'.
To answer you questions, you have to select 'use an already scheduled pickup'. I guess CPC has a daily scheduled pickup already, so they just use that for all return shipments. Transportation fees are included by default when you print the label online, so don't worry about those. NY consulate does not process immigrant visas directly. You have to send it to Ottawa. Interestingly, if you apply for a visit visa, they ask you to send your passports to NY. NY Consulate then sends them to Ottawa anyway. So, I don't know why they can't use that process for immigrant visas also.
Thank you for your response.

I will send out an email to ottawa office requesting the instructions regarding the prepaid envelope.

Thank you

Dashrath

May 3, 2018
I have emailed them, but haven't heard back. No update on my CIC account. Doesn't even show whether they have received my passport. Should I be worried?
Can you please send me email address of CIC regarding passport
I have sent my passport on july 31st and no update after that
Thank you

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
I just came across this link.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account/where-submit-passport/cross-border-shipment-instructions.html

It has all the information already in it. No need to even email Ottawa office. Hope this is useful to someone in the future.
This is useful.

Instead of 'Select the fastest delivery service offered in your region', I recommend using Fedex ground. This option only shows up with Fedex Ship Manager Advanced and not the Lite version. It is much cheaper and takes about the same time (3 business days).