+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport submitted - Can I make my spouse accompanying now?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi guys, just wanna give a quick update that me and my husband are very lucky! We got the new PPR together! Thank you for all your help~ Best of luck!
You got the PPR for the EE or the PNP? In any case, congratulations!

maitreya

Mar 9, 2017
I am in a same boat and asked using a WebForm to the VO if i could change my spouse and kid status to accompanying from non-accompanying status. I DID NOT TELL HIM TO CHANGE THE STATUS and just asked if the status can be changed or not.

The VO replied with the below letter in my CIC account
=================================================================================================================
This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. You have requested to change your spouse and child from non-accompanying to accompanying you to Canada. In order for us to continue the review of your application, we require the following documents:
 11xxxxxxxx - <My Name>:
 > Payment Receipt: Processing fees are required for all accompanying family members. The processing fee for your spouse and child is $700 ($550 for spouse, $150 for child). The Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) is also required for your spouse ($490). Therefore, the total amount required is $1190. Please consult our website for instructions on how to complete payment: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp?cat=temp&_ga=2.96226332.1264607222.1530887665-673708340.1517509770
 This must be received at this office by: 2018/07/13
Please upload these documents to your MyCIC account.
Please note: The above information/documents must be received within 7 days from the date of this correspondence. If this deadline is not met, your application will be assessed based on the information that was provided with your application and your application could be refused.
================================================================================================================

1) After doing some research and reading i see a risk in changing the status as it could lead to recalculation and rejection of my application.
2) So now, i want to let the application process as it was earlier

My questions:
-------------------
1) So should i ignore the letter and let the application continue as it is.
2) Do i need to create one more webform to tell VO to let the application continue and i will later do spousal sponsorship and it was just a mere query. .
3) I haven't yet send the VO the LOE or the RPRF fees for spouse and kids. So did the VO changed anything in my application yet, or is waiting for the fees receipt, then only he will change anything.

Pls. guys need some quick help.

Sidm786

Dec 30, 2020
I am in a same boat and asked using a WebForm to the VO if i could change my spouse and kid status to accompanying from non-accompanying status. I DID NOT TELL HIM TO CHANGE THE STATUS and just asked if the status can be changed or not.

The VO replied with the below letter in my CIC account
=================================================================================================================
This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. You have requested to change your spouse and child from non-accompanying to accompanying you to Canada. In order for us to continue the review of your application, we require the following documents:
 11xxxxxxxx - <My Name>:
 > Payment Receipt: Processing fees are required for all accompanying family members. The processing fee for your spouse and child is $700 ($550 for spouse, $150 for child). The Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) is also required for your spouse ($490). Therefore, the total amount required is $1190. Please consult our website for instructions on how to complete payment: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp?cat=temp&_ga=2.96226332.1264607222.1530887665-673708340.1517509770
 This must be received at this office by: 2018/07/13
Please upload these documents to your MyCIC account.
Please note: The above information/documents must be received within 7 days from the date of this correspondence. If this deadline is not met, your application will be assessed based on the information that was provided with your application and your application could be refused.
================================================================================================================

1) After doing some research and reading i see a risk in changing the status as it could lead to recalculation and rejection of my application.
2) So now, i want to let the application process as it was earlier

My questions:
-------------------
1) So should i ignore the letter and let the application continue as it is.
2) Do i need to create one more webform to tell VO to let the application continue and i will later do spousal sponsorship and it was just a mere query. .
3) I haven't yet send the VO the LOE or the RPRF fees for spouse and kids. So did the VO changed anything in my application yet, or is waiting for the fees receipt, then only he will change anything.

Pls. guys need some quick help.
What did you end up doing? And did your spouse get the PR?