+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport submission

mirehabaiman

Mar 23, 2021
Hi, My spouse has received her IMM5801 Pre Arrival letter. As there will be passport request the next step. The application was from India but currently my spouse is in Dubai. Can we submit our passport in dubai VFS office or we have to travel to india to submit passport for stamping.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi, My spouse has received her IMM5801 Pre Arrival letter. As there will be passport request the next step. The application was from India but currently my spouse is in Dubai. Can we submit our passport in dubai VFS office or we have to travel to india to submit passport for stamping.
Is she currently living in Dubai and planning to remain until passport request comes (which of course no-one knows how long it might be).

The short answer is hypothetically it can be done anywhere there is a visa office and/or visa application centre. (Which surely there is in UAE)

But: getting through and arranging it might be difficult. If she truly does expect to be in Dubai, she should update her address through webform. And then contact the visa office (embassy/consulate) when the PPR comes, IF it doesn't already have isntructions on how to submit in Dubai.

Given all that and if she plans to return to India before coming to Canada, it might be preferable to do the passport submission in India. Or it might not. Up to you to decide.

(You almost certainly will not be able to arrange this in advance, unless she happens to know someone at the consulate or something, and will have to deal with it when the PPR comes)

Reactions: mirehabaiman

mirehabaiman

Mar 23, 2021
Is she currently living in Dubai and planning to remain until passport request comes (which of course no-one knows how long it might be).

The short answer is hypothetically it can be done anywhere there is a visa office and/or visa application centre. (Which surely there is in UAE)

But: getting through and arranging it might be difficult. If she truly does expect to be in Dubai, she should update her address through webform. And then contact the visa office (embassy/consulate) when the PPR comes, IF it doesn't already have isntructions on how to submit in Dubai.

Given all that and if she plans to return to India before coming to Canada, it might be preferable to do the passport submission in India. Or it might not. Up to you to decide.

(You almost certainly will not be able to arrange this in advance, unless she happens to know someone at the consulate or something, and will have to deal with it when the PPR comes)
Thank you soo much for the quick response, This was very informative and cleared a lot of queries.

Answer to your question:- Is she currently living in Dubai and planning to remain until passport request comes? YES
So Basically all she has to do is update the mailing address via webform for now and wait for PPR which will be around weeks on an average.

Reactions: armoured

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thank you soo much for the quick response, This was very informative and cleared a lot of queries.

Answer to your question:- Is she currently living in Dubai and planning to remain until passport request comes? YES
So Basically all she has to do is update the mailing address via webform for now and wait for PPR which will be around weeks on an average.
Yes, that's right. She should update her address ASAP.

There's no guarantee the PPR will have instructions for how to submit in Dubai/UAE and it may take some time to work it out and get an answer, but it should be possible.

Some Indian citizens in Australia had this come up recently, the VAC told them to contact the Cdn high commission in Aus. I didn't hear if they worked it out. When the time comes, you'll probably have to contact and see which office responds first with a decent answer.

Reactions: mirehabaiman

mirehabaiman

Mar 23, 2021
Yes, that's right. She should update her address ASAP.

There's no guarantee the PPR will have instructions for how to submit in Dubai/UAE and it may take some time to work it out and get an answer, but it should be possible.

Some Indian citizens in Australia had this come up recently, the VAC told them to contact the Cdn high commission in Aus. I didn't hear if they worked it out. When the time comes, you'll probably have to contact and see which office responds first with a decent answer.
perfecto. Thank you for the answers. All the best.

Reactions: armoured