+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport submission inquiry: please help

Haris123

Nov 24, 2021
I just received an original passport request for my study permit application. My passport expires in 2023 however my length of study in Canada is till 2025. The letter says that “Your passport must be valid for the duration of your expected length of stay in Canada.” So should I renew my passport or can I submit my current passport and then reapply for a visa when the passport expires. I'm afraid that if the passport number changes it might cause a problem. If anyone has been through the same thing pls lmk

Crassiva

Aug 23, 2021
I just received an original passport request for my study permit application. My passport expires in 2023 however my length of study in Canada is till 2025. The letter says that “Your passport must be valid for the duration of your expected length of stay in Canada.” So should I renew my passport or can I submit my current passport and then reapply for a visa when the passport expires. I'm afraid that if the passport number changes it might cause a problem. If anyone has been through the same thing pls lmk
Just submit your current passport and include an explication letter about your situation!

Reactions: Haris123