+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Returned Without Sticker/Visa/Vignette (Study Permit)

kals202

Sep 11, 2024
Hey Everyone,

Did a lot of web search and couldn't find a resolution so posting this thread here. I applied for Study Permit, got approval and was requested passport for further processing. Passport was sent, and got it back without sticker/vignette. The portal still shows the status "Your application was approved. You need to send us your valid passport to finalize your application. Check your messages below for details.". Considering I am late already for my classes, I have resubmitted my Passport via VFS with a letter explaining the urgency and print of status message from the IRCC portal.

I'm wondering if someone had been in this situation before and got it sorted out. If yes, what's my best course of action considering it shows "Approved" in my IRCC account.

Although I have already resend it via VFS and I'll find out hopefully soon my status, I'm writing this here for any help/insights to copeup with the pressure xD

kals202

Sep 11, 2024
This has been happening lately, I've seen 4-5 cases.

See this thread: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/ppr-sent-in-error.852092/

The best bet is to defer the application to the next possible intake as the application would probably go to processing again.
Thank you for sharing the thread. In my case, right after I resubmitted, I got another Original Passport submit request but I had already submitted it with the previously received Passport submit request. Let's see how it goes as I can't do much now since the I sent the passport again for Visa and my Application status is still "Approved".