+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport resubmission

harleenk

Jan 5, 2021
Because I got a passport resubmission letter due to damaged passport but I am getting appointment for 6 january 2023 for tatkal application. So I am afraid will IRCC reject my application?

Nov 22, 2022
Thanks Karan, I went to the RPO and they asked for an application with a reason on why you need an early appointment? Do have a template of that application? Also do you have template for the Annexure F on how you filled it?
Hi , I am getting appointment very late for RPO, how do I request them ? Will a call work ?

Nov 22, 2022
Because I got a passport resubmission letter due to damaged passport but I am getting appointment for 6 january 2023 for tatkal application. So I am afraid will IRCC reject my application?
I got resubmission letter today. Were you able to get new passport appointment ?

Nov 22, 2022
Thanks Karan, I went to the RPO and they asked for an application with a reason on why you need an early appointment? Do have a template of that application? Also do you have template for the Annexure F on how you filled it?
Where you able to book an early appointment at RPO ?

Bhuvan Joshi

Nov 25, 2022
I submitted passport after 30 days but it was because of re-submission.
Thanks a lot Karan for the information which you gave us, i wanted to ask you that I also have damaged passport scene and i received resubmission letter on 23rd Nov, and i got my appointment on 14th of December (Tatkal), So how does the PPR works as I got my PPR on 9th Nov, and does the resubmission letter works as an extension??

Nov 22, 2022
Thanks a lot Karan for the information which you gave us, i wanted to ask you that I also have damaged passport scene and i received resubmission letter on 23rd Nov, and i got my appointment on 14th of December (Tatkal), So how does the PPR works as I got my PPR on 9th Nov, and does the resubmission letter works as an extension??
Which passport office did you get appointment ?

Bhuvan Joshi

Nov 25, 2022
Thanks and I really appreciate your reply! I have few more questions:
  • Is there any way to get new passport quickly? You can apply for 'tatkal' option.
  • Which category you used to get the new passport? I mean 'Damaged' or 'change in personal particulars' etc. You need to apply for re-issuance of passport due to damage. The Regional Passport Office will determine wether you can apply under 'tatkal' option.
  • did you got your new passport before the 30 day deadline? or do we get a new deadline with the re-submission? I didn't submit my passport under the initial 30-day timeline. However, the re-submission letter that we had received is considered extension. Inform IRCC via a webform and inform them that you've received a re-submission letter and you've applied for re-issuance of passport. In the passport, attach the re-submission letter and the application for passport receipt.
  • when you got your new passport, did you updated the CIC? In my case, IRCC updated my record. When I sent my passport, I got the COPR and visa stam, and IRCC updated my new passport in the portal, and the visa stamp, and COPR.
  • Can we book the VFS courier/walk-in appointment using the same old letter or did you use the new re-submission letter? In order to get the appointment, you need to attach the existing passport request letter. You can also attach the re-submission letter. When you go to the office, inform them about your situation, and they'll help you. In the new envelope, make sure you send the passport request letter and re-submission letter.
  • For re-submission, with the addition of your new passport and re-submission letter, did you also send them your old passport and old passport submission letter? When I went to the vfs office, I had my new and old passport with me but they asked for the new passport. In my new envelope, I had submitted these documents- new passport, passport request letter, re-submission letter, two photos as per IRCC's specifications, and height and weight description. But take your old passport with you to the vfs office, they'll guide you. Don't forget re-submission letter.
[/QUOT
Thanks and I really appreciate your reply! I have few more questions:
  • Is there any way to get new passport quickly? You can apply for 'tatkal' option.
  • Which category you used to get the new passport? I mean 'Damaged' or 'change in personal particulars' etc. You need to apply for re-issuance of passport due to damage. The Regional Passport Office will determine wether you can apply under 'tatkal' option.
  • did you got your new passport before the 30 day deadline? or do we get a new deadline with the re-submission? I didn't submit my passport under the initial 30-day timeline. However, the re-submission letter that we had received is considered extension. Inform IRCC via a webform and inform them that you've received a re-submission letter and you've applied for re-issuance of passport. In the passport, attach the re-submission letter and the application for passport receipt.
  • when you got your new passport, did you updated the CIC? In my case, IRCC updated my record. When I sent my passport, I got the COPR and visa stam, and IRCC updated my new passport in the portal, and the visa stamp, and COPR.
  • Can we book the VFS courier/walk-in appointment using the same old letter or did you use the new re-submission letter? In order to get the appointment, you need to attach the existing passport request letter. You can also attach the re-submission letter. When you go to the office, inform them about your situation, and they'll help you. In the new envelope, make sure you send the passport request letter and re-submission letter.
  • For re-submission, with the addition of your new passport and re-submission letter, did you also send them your old passport and old passport submission letter? When I went to the vfs office, I had my new and old passport with me but they asked for the new passport. In my new envelope, I had submitted these documents- new passport, passport request letter, re-submission letter, two photos as per IRCC's specifications, and height and weight description. But take your old passport with you to the vfs office, they'll guide you. Don't forget re-submission letter.
Thanks a lot Karan for the information which you gave us, i wanted to ask you that I also have damaged passport scene and i received resubmission letter on 23rd Nov, and i got my appointment on 14th of December (Tatkal), So how does the PPR works as I got my PPR on 9th Nov, and does the resubmission letter works as an extension?? And I have heard people getting rejection for tatkal appointment because of the damaged passport, they do not process the application. So what happened with your appointment in tatkal? And is it possible to talk with you over the phone???

Naresh1219

Jul 8, 2020
Guys,

Please don’t worry about your situation. I had faced the similar situation like yours.
My passport also came back to me without stamping and with a resubmission document.
First of all, immediately raise a web form and inform IRCC about the situation and ask for extension. And keep the resubmission document safe
Next thing is, apply for a new passport, that means reissue of passport in your local passport seva Kendra. It doesn’t matter how much time it takes to get a new passport.
My appointment was after 45 days. After 50 days I had my passport in hand.
whenI tried to resubmit my new passport, I was not able to book an appointment at the VFS because the old one was open on my IRCC application. So had to request VFS team to cancel the earlier one and then they did that. Post that I booked a new appointment.
luckily, I got a new PPR letter with 30 days extension just before the day I was planning to submit my new passport. That means I was able to submit my passport within one day from the new PPR letter. So I was able to submit without any hassle.
so I would like to tell you here that, just keep the resubmission document with you. Create a new VFS request. If you are lucky, you’ll get a new PPR. else your resubmission letter would do the work for you.

I went through hell just like you guys but in the end it was all good. Trust me. Just relax and work on the new passport and new VFS request.

Bhuvan Joshi

Nov 25, 2022
Guys,

Please don’t worry about your situation. I had faced the similar situation like yours.
My passport also came back to me without stamping and with a resubmission document.
First of all, immediately raise a web form and inform IRCC about the situation and ask for extension. And keep the resubmission document safe
Next thing is, apply for a new passport, that means reissue of passport in your local passport seva Kendra. It doesn’t matter how much time it takes to get a new passport.
My appointment was after 45 days. After 50 days I had my passport in hand.
whenI tried to resubmit my new passport, I was not able to book an appointment at the VFS because the old one was open on my IRCC application. So had to request VFS team to cancel the earlier one and then they did that. Post that I booked a new appointment.
luckily, I got a new PPR letter with 30 days extension just before the day I was planning to submit my new passport. That means I was able to submit my passport within one day from the new PPR letter. So I was able to submit without any hassle.
so I would like to tell you here that, just keep the resubmission document with you. Create a new VFS request. If you are lucky, you’ll get a new PPR. else your resubmission letter would do the work for you.

I went through hell just like you guys but in the end it was all good. Trust me. Just relax and work on the new passport and new VFS request.
Thanks Naresh for all the helpful tips and your thread would help us a lot. I have still few questions regarding vfs appointment and PPR request. Is there any way to contact you like via phone or sms?? Would help me solving my problem , if you can help me out.