+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Requested

brock10

Apr 11, 2011
Hi Guys,

I have received a passport request along with RPRF request by on Dec 14th, which was dated Dec 9th (I started my process in the beginning of May, got my AoR and Med request roughly in the end of August/beginning of September in case anyone curious). However, I have a flight booked in the end of December and I will be back in Canada only after 9th of January.

"The email that I have been waiting for so long says this: We recommend that you submit your passport(s) within the next 15 days to the Consulate General of Canada in Buffalo. You are required to submit your passport(s) within the next 30 days.

The issuance of your visa(s) cannot be delayed so it is important for you to submit your passport(s) immediately. An expiration date will be indicated on your visa, and you must obtain permanent residence on or before that date. The visas cannot be extended."

Since they say 30 day, it means that I have till Jan 14 or till Jan 9th to get my passport mailed. If anyone have any suggestion please share them. It looks like I need to cancel my trip :'(

ind0canadian

Sep 1, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations on getting Passport request first !!!!

I think you can write an email to them explaining your situation. I have seen other people getting helped by telling CIC about their situations.

Did you get Passport Request from Buffalo office or were you a part of Ottawa Program?

brock10

Apr 11, 2011
I'm doing Canadian Experience and sent my application in Buffalo but email came from OttPilot, so I guess it is Ottawa.

Sending email: do u mean a case specific inquiry or just a regular email ?

ind0canadian

Sep 1, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can contact them via Case Specific inquiry form or just an email.

Case specific Inquiry would be a preferable method though.

I hope it helps.