+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport requested - what all needs to be sent?

kdd

Jul 30, 2014
Is there anyother way to get it? Is there a walk-in visa appointment?
I appreciate the help.

samratbaweja

Jun 25, 2014
Yeah this online system su**s! It's better to apply through paper application, saves a lot of time!

kdd said:
Never mind I misread that.. Its weird that when I applied last year, I did it through mail and had everything back within a week.

kdd

Jul 30, 2014
Thank Samrat.. I greatly appreciate your help. I just received a request for passport. When I click on the link, I cant figure out whether to send it to LA or NY. Also how and where should I send the return airbill?

samratbaweja

Jun 25, 2014
You are welcome and congratulations! :)
It depends on whichever place is closer to you, doesn't really matter anyway. I sent it to NY.
You need to send your passport, consent form, full contact information, copy of draft/check and a return envelope to NY/LA office.
Original draft/check of $34.10 to Philadelphia office.
All info is in initial posts of this thread.

kdd said:
Thank Samrat.. I greatly appreciate your help. I just received a request for passport. When I click on the link, I cant figure out whether to send it to LA or NY. Also how and where should I send the return airbill?

kdd

Jul 30, 2014
:) Thanks again. Last question, I see that they need a checklist with documents enclosed.. but I already have submitted those online. Also what is the 43$ fee in addition to the 34$ fee? Don't you have to send a separate draft for both?

kdd

Jul 30, 2014
And the checklist again lists all the forms and two photographs. Did nt you have to send that?

sr454

Jul 28, 2014
kdd said:
And the checklist again lists all the forms and two photographs. Did nt you have to send that?
Hi Kdd, If you have uploaded the documents online and got email from CIC about submit your passport for finalizing the process you don't need to send all those forms , Follow below steps (Assuming New York is the closest consulate/VAC office to you)
After receiving the Passport request letter:

1) Get a money order of $34.10 directed to CSC Consular Services Inc, write your name on the back of money order with pencil and Send the checks to below address

CSC Consular Services Inc
Lockbox 3352
PO Box 8500
Philadelphia, PA 19178-3352

2) Mail below documents to VAC in New York
(i) Passport request letter received from CIC,
(ii) VAC money order Copy
(iii) Full Contact Information, Including Phone Number and full return address
(iv) VAC Consent form(signed)
(v) Prepaid return envelope.
(vi) Original passports
VAC Office address

Canadian Visa Application Centre – New York
290 Madison Ave, 2nd Floor
New York, NY 10017
USA

Hope this helps.

SudhakarR

Sep 19, 2015
Dear,

How to get Prepaid return envelope?

Do we need of Fedex only OR can get from USPS also?

I am in the same boat as you were last year. This thread is very useful so Thank you for that.

Good day!!

Thanks
Sudhakar

sabret00the

Star Member
Jun 25, 2014
Calgary
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CPC: Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Not relevant
App. Filed.......
12-Sep-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
25-Nov-2014
AOR Received.
06-Jul-2015
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
31-Aug-2015
Med's Done....
23-Jan-2015 (TRV Meds have not yet expired)
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
21-Sep-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-Sep-2015
LANDED..........
Dec 2015
There are 2 questions that I have. Would be great if experts/seniors can advise:

1. My Wife (Indian Citizen) who is in Canada as a Temp Worker has sent her Passport to CPC - Ottawa for PR Visa Stamping.
a. Can she ask for a "Landing" Appointment with CIC Office in Halifax now?
b. Should she wait for the Passport to get Stamped and returned to her and then get her "Landed Status" through Flagpoling? Is there any risk in Flagpoling?

2. I'm about to send my Passport to Delhi CIC office via VFS Global.
a. Do I need to travel to Canada within a specified time period i.e. Validity of the Stamped "Immigrant" Visa?