+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Request

qdann

Jun 18, 2015
Hi guys,

My husband applied CEC and got passport request last month. I did not accompany with him. He sent his passport to Canadian visa office in China. At the same time, I applied EE and he accompanied with me. We got passport request as well last week. Can I sned only my passport to Ottawa? Please advise.
Thanks

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Of course. Why would you send HIS passport with already visa in it? If you wish you may include some letter with your passport explaining the situation.

CIC should not send a request for your husband's passport because he already got his PR ..but it ic CIC .. sometimes one CIC department does not know what another does.

qdann

Jun 18, 2015
Regina said:
Of course. Why would you send HIS passport with already visa in it? If you wish you may include some letter with your passport explaining the situation.

CIC should not send a request for your husband's passport because he already got his PR ..but it ic CIC .. sometimes one CIC department does not know what another does.
Thanks for your advise. He just sent his passport but have not gotten back. I think that is why CIC still request passport. Should I send a letter with my passport or should I send a separate email to CIC?

martha1901

Star Member
Jun 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
18-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-05-2016
LANDED..........
20-06-2016
CIC needs your hubby's passport as he will be accompanying you. Send an email to CIC.

qdann

Jun 18, 2015
martha1901 said:
CIC needs your hubby's passport as he will be accompanying you. Send an email to CIC.
I sent email to CIC and got automatic email showing it will take 20 working days to get response. It is to late for me to send my passport, because I received the Passport request letter on May 30, 2016.

martha1901

Star Member
Jun 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
18-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-05-2016
LANDED..........
20-06-2016
It's an automated reply but they will answer it before 20 days, esp. if they can see the urgency of it. It happened to me once and they reply the next business day. The other option that you can do is ask for an extension or send a copy of your husband passport if you have one, together with a letter of explanation.