+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Request!! My passport will expires in 6 months.

itseric19

Star Member
Oct 1, 2012
Does anyone here knows what to do? Or has the same experience? I got already an email for passport, but then my passport will expires in the next 6months. How will it work like that?

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
Get a new passport ASAP, and just send them the new one, i was in the same situation and they never questioned about the old passport - what matters to them most is that the new passport details should be the same (i.e. names/ date of birth...etc), they simply stamped the visa with the maple leaf on the new passport.

itseric19

Star Member
Oct 1, 2012
emamabd said:
Get a new passport ASAP, and just send them the new one, i was in the same situation and they never questioned about the old passport - what matters to them most is that the new passport details should be the same (i.e. names/ date of birth...etc), they simply stamped the visa with the maple leaf on the new passport.
The problem is that on our consulate it'll take months to renew my passport but they do have another option that it is possible to extend the validity of my passport. So getting my passport extend the validity is a good idea than taking a risk having 6months due?

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
itseric19 said:
The problem is that on our consulate it'll take months to renew my passport but they do have another option that it is possible to extend the validity of my passport. So getting my passport extend the validity is a good idea than taking a risk having 6months due?
Sure, that sounds like a good solution...as if you waited 6 months for the new one - maybe by that time your medicals expire and you will be asked to do them again (medical validity is 1 year). So surely extending the validity is the best option you have