+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Request letter lost in the mail

CanLuuk89

Oct 19, 2013
I've applied for PR through CEC in August 2013.
On June 17th my status changed to Decision Made, since then I have not received any follow up documentation.
So I got in touch with CIC by email. They confirmed that they have send PPR on June 17th.
My address is correct, so I guess the letter got lost in the mail.

I don't know what to do now. I've send an email concerning the letter, but it takes about two weeks before CIC replies. It's impossible to get information over the phone.
What else can I do?

salmon1978

Jan 3, 2013
They emailed my passport request letter. Looks like you do have an email account on file. Why they didn't email you?

CanLuuk89

Oct 19, 2013
I don't know. All other documentation got send by email.
They simply replied by saying that the document had been sent to my address.

pj11

Star Member
Apr 6, 2014
CanLuuk89 said:
Usually PPR is sent via email if you hav provided them one...if they confirmed that they did sent you a PPR request ...I would send them a passport ...and attach the email confirmation and a cover letter explaining the situation

salmon1978

Jan 3, 2013
CanLuuk89 said:
It they communicated with you through email all the time there is no reason they request passport through regular mail. Have you checked your spam folder? Or did they specifically say they already sent you a letter requesting passport?

CanLuuk89

Oct 19, 2013
I've checked my spam and junk mail, nothing there.
When I explained that I am waiting for my passport request letter.
They replied: Documentation had been send to 'my address'.

Would it work to send my passport, confirmation of the email and explaination letter?

saleha.s

Aug 17, 2015
My email for passport request even is missed. what did you did next for procedure. They sent passport request on 14th December nor me or my husband got that mail. And when we enquire we got to know from immigration section that they sent reply mail on 19th feb about email. What should i do next