+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport request for cic delayed; student visa

Bhargavb987

Dec 14, 2015
I applied my student visa in general on November 25th. On December 10th I got a reply for 'passport request'
As I've seen in a few forums, I believe it takes 5 working days for the reply "application has been approved". It's past 5 working days and I haven't received any such mail. I would want to know whether it would get rejected or approved? And also what are the chances of it getting rejected?

vick_kenny

Jan 11, 2015
Hello Bhargavb987,

As long as you have sent in all necessary documents for your application, be rest assured immigration will get in touch with you as soon as an officer reviews your application. Keep in mind that the immigration office deals with a lot of applications, I can tell you as an International student that it might take longer than 5 days (as they do not guarantee 100% when your application will be treated). All I will suggest is stay positive and hope for the best.
Immigration call center's could help you look at things but they cannot do anything on your application.

If I was in your position, I'd pray a nice officer looks into your application because my brother's application was carelessly treated and that has caused us a lot :(